anyone into boats?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea whats up? lol ive fixed my boat twice cause my dad didnt know how! (thank you seadoo fourms!) but yeah whats the question?

I have a 17ft skeeter bass boat. 90hp on it. When its on plane 40-50mph it will not pick the bow up like it should. Its got a 19p prop on it. I was told a 21p might help or having the prop "cupped" will help. I have to get the bow up!

Getting on plane is no prob. This thing jumps on plane faster than any boat ive been in. I just seems to nose down at speed. Even with the motor trimmed up.

yep i think thats what there made for, havent owned my own boat have had many of friends that have them and my wifes dad with his 19' Wellcraft and his 17 foot Searay..

I thought the fins were just to help get on plane and stay on plane at lower speeds

Maybe so, ive never seen a boat not keep its nose up to some degree, most of times you cant see past them( ihate that)..

Im thinkin im gonna toss a different prop on it and see what that does. Tourniment season is coming up

Hahaha i hear that, hell ask the guys at the boat parts store i bett they would no, thats what i would do..

One of my customers owns a marina and repair shop. He said he would cup my prop for me. Im just seeing what other ideas are out there. I'd like to just put a whole new motor set up on it but the four stroke I want is like 8 grand!

Try to mount (if you can) the motor lower off the back, you will get more leverage to lift up the bow. And yea the cupped prop will help too.

I thought about moving the motor down. Ill see what the mechanic has to say

i just got off the phone with my freinds dad (boat/master mechanic) and he said to move the motor down a bit. thats it! lol.

Back