Anyone interested in....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnk

Reaction score
aluminum airbox adapters for Warriors? I should have a prototype in my hands Tuesday for testing on Old Blue. As soon as testing is over we are looking at making a few to sell. Price should be around (NOT SET IN STONE YET) $50 with no filter. Planning on using a 2 3/4" Uni or K&N.
We are also working on a direct shifter to clear the Big Bear oil filter adapter. Still in design phase so it might be a while.
Anyone who is intersted let me know. The more interest we have, the better.

The direct shifter sounds promising. Let me know if you guys figure that one out, cause I'm putting on an oil cooler for my rebuild.

whats so great about alluminum air boxes? What the difference the the plastic ones, are they a performace part or just a cosmetic thing?

whats so great about alluminum air boxes? What the difference the the plastic ones, are they a performace part or just a cosmetic thing?
It is an adapter to eleminate the factory filter and replace it with a foam or K&N filter. The factory plastic airbox is retained. Like the Pro-flo or noss setup. It will allow removing the airbox lid.

We have a tutorial on how to modify a Banshee shifter to clear the bigbear setup, I do recommend it as I have.

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

We have a tutorial on how to modify a Banshee shifter to clear the bigbear setup, I do recommend it as I have.

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

That looks really good. My idea has an added aluminum plate for support to take any flex out of the extended shifter. I want to get it where there is only torsional force applied to the shifter shaft. I'll hopefully get something drawn up on CAD later this week.

Dave, do you find any excessive flex on your setup due to the extended shifter? I'm guessing you don't but I am curious. Do you feel there is any excessive stress (vertical mostly) applied to the shift shaft due to the extra leverage afforded by the extension?

oic...that was what i was thinking you were talking about. So how does the filter fit on there, would i have to buy a new one? Also how does that go on the box do i have to pop rivit it in there or bolt it on or somthing?

The filter hose clamps to the adapter. The adapter is designed for an aftermarket filter. The adapter screws to the front of the airbox with 4 screws.

No this thing dosn't flex at all, it's 1/4 inch steel and I welded it good, def better then stock was.

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know. Might be some on the horizon......

Generally speaking, are people more interested in buying an adapter and filter together, or just the adapter and buying the filter seperate?

I think most people would want to buy both, seing as they wouldnt have a filter already, since they dont have the adapter.

But you will definatley sell if you price it cheaper than nossmachines. Think you can hook us up on here with some discounts?

Dude when i get my job back in the spring ill deff buy this after i get my engine running o and i would like an airfilter too. How much r u looking to get for both together?

The way this is working is I'm designing the part with input from my friend who is a machinist. I'm still working out the final design. I have only seen these things in pictures on the 'net. All dimensions are from my airboxes and stock filters (with the exception of asking on here what flange diameter is being used) so it is not a copy of anyones existing adapter. I am using K&Ns and UNIs published filter sizing charts. I want this thing to be right, with no problems. The pricing is not my decision as I'll not be the one building and selling them, but I do have some influence. I'll talk to my buddy about a group buy or something.

Back