Anyone ever had this happen??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler

Reaction score
So i was out riding with dome friends yesterday and we were on pavement some and dirt the rest of the time. I knew that these new razrs tires were hooking up really good but i would have never guessed that they were hooking up so good and putting so much torque on them wheels that this could happen!?!

IMG_3349.jpg

Holly yit! Least you know your hubs are tight. Hubs usuall are the ones to get jacked up, not the wheels.

Ya but luckily it didn't happen till like 10 minutes before we were planning on leaving so that was the only good part of it. And i just talked to a friend that is a welder/mechanic and he is going to fix it, he is going to weld it up then re drill the holes. O ya and he is going to set the beads on the rear tires for me also!!

Use washers like you're supposed to and tighten your lug nuts next time, dummy.

Ya i know i could have swore they were all tight but this time im putting lock nuts on there so this crap wont happen again.

YamaRider said:
Use washers like you're supposed to and tighten your lug nuts next time, dummy.

+1.

i worked on a 300ex one time that was like that... it only had one tight lug :/ the rest i took off with my fingers :p

Tyler said:
They all have washers on them.

Not anymore lol.

Judging by your issues so far, i'm going to go ahead and say you need to get a little more arm strength or something. I NEVER had lug nuts loosen like that or the hub come loose, just gotta torque the **** out of them when they're installed.

Here is what im thinking happened is when i had the rear end sitting on the jack i got the lugs just snug then i was going to set it on the ground and tighten the piss outta them, but i guess i forgot to tighten them up after i sat it back on the ground.

Yeah, that'll do it. The local shop did that to me with my first quad, my honda recon. I had it in for brake work and they must not have tightened the lugs on one of the front wheels. I think I made it 5 minutes before the wheel fell off completely. They were heavy steel wheels and I didn't ride real long so the holes in the wheels didn't become the shape of sausages like yours did though. Just needed to walk the trails to find my nuts and put them back on, tightening the **** out of them.

Nope, didn't wreck, but my brother saw it and said it looked funny as ****. I went around a sharp left corner on our track, almost like a hairpin turn, and probably about halfway through that turn the left wheel took off on it's own. I made it the rest of the way around the turn and didn't realize I had a problem until about 30 feet away when I left off the throttle to hit 3rd gear and the front left corner dropped way down.

I had the front left wheel fall off of my Honda CRX too. Bought it for $100 from a guy I didn't know, with no title and the closest thing to a bill of sale was a note written in pencil on a crumpled up envelope postmarked 4 years ago that read "keys are in it, catch ya later". It was out of inspection by about 5 years and obviously wasn't tagged or insured. I just bought it to race in Tuff Trucks and run around the fields with, so it really wasn't a big concern to me. Well, i decided the best time to move it from my house down to my friend's house to work on it would be at night, unfortunately the car had no working headlights, one front corner marker and one tail light that worked, so I had to get a friend to drive in front of me so I could see. It's only a mile, no big deal, what could go wrong, right? Apparently my theory was wrong. About halfway there I feel the front end start to get a vibration, but i've had this car for all of 8 hours and maybe 2 miles so I figure it's just got a bad bearing or a messed up tire. Wrong! Front left wheel hopped off the studs and the front end dropped about 3 inches. Luckily the brake rotor just rolled along the inner lip of the wheel and it didn't fall off completely. So there i am sitting in the middle of the road at midnight in a completely illegal vehicle that for all I know was stolen 5 years ago and never recovered, I have no good lights, no jack, no lug wrench, and 2 of my 4 way flashers kind of work but not really. My buddy didn't realize that i stopped until he got to the house and i wasn't there behind him. He came back a couple minutes later to find me, and we got the bottle jack out of his truck to lift it up. Turns out this car is so rusted to hell that there wasn't anywhere solid enough to jack it up anymore, everywhere we tried to put the jack just pushed right through the floor, and it was sitting too low to put the bottle jack under the crossmember. So I had to call another buddy who I interrupted halfway through taking a ****, so he could bring a race jack for a late model to fit underneath and put a couple of lug nuts back on. This was about a 20 minute process, around midnight, in front of several homes. I can't beleive that nobody called the cops on us. I was strongly considering just pushing the bitch the rest of the way off the road and ditching it, $100 really isn't much to lose compared to all the fines for getting caught with it, and there sure wasn't any way they were going to trace it back to me. But in the end it all worked out, and I didn't get arrested. Probably won't do it again though.

Back