Anybody see this?!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 100% percent all for the 2nd amendment but in my opinion that guy was acting like a ass. He knows damn well no matter where you are and your walking around with a rifle on your chest your going to raise suspicion. The officer has all rights to disarm him and check credentials. That officer did his job could have went about it a little less hostile but then again your hairs stand up when you see someone walking around with a rifle and you have a 17 shot semi auto lol

I would have to disagree. There is a difference between voluntarily disarming a citizen so the officer (Douche above) could do his job, and forcefully detaining and forcibly disarming and subsequent false arrest because anyone has the right by the 4th amendment to refuse search if no law has been broken. I can see this going bad guys. Lock it up if ya want. would prolly be best. Stupid politics!

I would have to disagree. There is a difference between voluntarily disarming a citizen so the officer (Douche above) could do his job, and forcefully detaining and forcibly disarming and subsequent false arrest because anyone has the right by the 4th amendment to refuse search if no law has been broken. I can see this going bad guys. Lock it up if ya want. would prolly be best. Stupid politics!

Voluntary disarm so your going to give the armed man a chance to shoot you?? Like the officer stated he has no idea who the man is and for protection of both parties he has to be detained and disarmed till things are sorted out plain an simple. Like I stated the officer could have went about the situations little different but then again how would anyone feel in that position.

ok... you shouldn't you give an armed man a chance to surrender his firearm. Bull rush him, cuff him in front of his kid, and act like a dick for spite. OK...done

Last edited:
ok... you shouldn't you give an armed man a chance to surrender his firearm. Bull rush him, cuff him in front of his kid, and act like a dick for spite. OK...done

Lol dude I agree the officer was a dick about the situation it could have been handled in a better way with the same precaution.

An officer who receives a complaint can look into it. However, the man does not have to provide id, can refuse search, and does not have to take of his weapons. YOU NEVER HAVE TO PROVIDE ANY INFO TO A POLICE OFFICER!!! No officer can disarm a citizen unless done with a warrant/court order, or if the man has committed a violent act. The man did nothing wrong in the video and I hope all three officers are discharged from the police force. Just because there are people who commit crimes with guns does not mean all people with them will commit crimes. That's like saying that every person who drives is accused of driving drunk. I'd have my lawyer represent him if I could.

Oh yea, I wasn't fighting about it here with a stranger (no offense man, just silly to argue in a place like this)but I told my wife that we just watched one vet get VERY RICH QUICK!! What if I felt threatened by a rogue crooked cop? Do I have the right to disarm him? An officer of the law may have higher authority over situations but WE ALL share the same rights as american citizens and the constitution was created to keep government and gov't officials from abusing the rights of the people!

I'm 100% percent all for the 2nd amendment but in my opinion that guy was acting like a ass. He knows damn well no matter where you are and your walking around with a rifle on your chest your going to raise suspicion. The officer has all rights to disarm him and check credentials. That officer did his job could have went about it a little less hostile but then again your hairs stand up when you see someone walking around with a rifle and you have a 17 shot semi auto lol

I disagree with that and so does the law.

The guy possibly was acting like an ass BUT, it is frankly not any of a cops business why you have a weapon and (in PA) you DO NOT have to tell a cop you have a gun if you have a CCW. The cop had no right even asking why he had a gun or throwing him in cuffs, LEGALLY the guy could have told the the cop to go to hell and walked away if it was on private property. The problem is that this video is takin out of context.
I personally dont flash weapons around but I do sometimes open carry, I have a few freinds that are LEO's and I respect there jobs and sympathise with them for the Bullshit they have to deal with, but there are "those cops" that think they know the law and try to inforce it the way they choose and act like deputy dog and they give all LEO's a bad name. There are also LEO's that hate the fact that YOU can carry and they hate it even more when a guy like myself knows more about the law (in certain subjects) than they do. Remeber it's technically not a LEO's job to "know the law" thats left for lawyer's.

I also must add that it does not matter if your a vet or not, NOBODY can "disarm" you if you can legally obtain a firearm.

Last edited:
Back