anybody help me get my rappy running wiil pay

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyokie

Reaction score
05 350se have cleaned carb but just spits gas outta rear of carb
im in westchester county ny please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

it wont start and blows gas out of the back of the carb into air filter while cranking, the spark is good and just cleaned carb. i set pilot at 2 1/4 turns out. how many turns out should i initially try with idle screw? dont think it has enough hours for valves to be out? and float adjustment is right on

Maybe the timing is off. There should be absolutely no reason for gas to get into the air filter if there's a vacuum pulling it into the motor. If the timing's off then the intake valve could open when the piston is coming up, which would push air out of the carb into the filter. Try holding your hand near the air filter end of the carb and feel if there's air coming out.

My best guess with the information provided is that you didn't put the carb back together right after cleaning. Take it off and check everything out to make sure its all working properly.

yeah will take it apart and check it this weekend.
timing? there is timing adjustment on 1 cylinder motor??????? how?

yeah will take it apart and check it this weekend.
timing? there is timing adjustment on 1 cylinder motor??????? how?

well there is your cam timing, spark timing........ :eek:
You should not have to worry about it if you have not gotten into the electrical bits or the cam/cam chain position. Have you done anything to that stuff?

Looking at your mod list, I can't see any reason for you to get into the valve timing, but maybe the cam sprocket lost some teeth or something.

havent messed with anything and it gradually started running crappy so maybe somethin i did in carb but guy helpin me is really good with carbs but we will check again

havent messed with anything and it gradually started running crappy so maybe somethin i did in carb but guy helpin me is really good with carbs but we will check again

Jasonp here is probably better. :p Hope you get it sorted out though.

Do a compresion test.
My have a bad valve.
Take the float out and see if it floats in a bowl of fuel submerge it for at least an hour then see if it floats.

yeah gonna do a compression test when i get a gauge
adjusted valves today the exhaust valve adjuster was about 1/2 turn to tight and intake was a little loose but still not starting

ended up who ever owned it before dropped a screw in the intake valve cover, guess it sat in the spring for a long time i owned it then fell down and lodged the intake valve open. grrrrr 740 dollar repair at the dealer

Back