anybody else hate their warrior???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayseed71

Reaction score
I bought a 2000 warrior in january and have had nothing but problems since. I have replaced the coil, stator, source coil, pickup coil,and cdi box. I now have over 2000 bucks in a warrior that I still can't ride cuz cuz it still runs like ****. I'm not looking for tech or troubleshooting help. I've posted many questions on the engine electrical forum and gotten lots of ideas but absolutely nothing that has helped at all. I'm just interested in seeing if anyone else has bought a lemon. Thanks for putting up with my rant.

There out there. It happens. But thing is, these quads are super easy to work on and fix. There has to be a reason things are not working for you. There is enough info on here to have you be able to rebuild your entire machine blindfolded.

Problem is, when things don't work, people tend to just throw money at it. Where as, if you take your time, think logically, do some research and testing and narrow things down, you could figure it out in a jiffy. If all else fails and your not mechanically inclined, take it to someone who is.

That being said why you say it runs like ****, that dosent help us much. What EXACTLY does it do. Explain everything. Might take a while to write it all, bit if you really want to get things fixed, it has to be done. Post up pictures and video. All these things help to fix the issues.

I've had a crap load of issues with my 350 aswell. Just want to sell it...

There out there. It happens. But thing is, these quads are super easy to work on and fix. There has to be a reason things are not working for you. There is enough info on here to have you be able to rebuild your entire machine blindfolded.

Problem is, when things don't work, people tend to just throw money at it. Where as, if you take your time, think logically, do some research and testing and narrow things down, you could figure it out in a jiffy. If all else fails and your not mechanically inclined, take it to someone who is.

That being said why you say it runs like ****, that dosent help us much. What EXACTLY does it do. Explain everything. Might take a while to write it all, bit if you really want to get things fixed, it has to be done. Post up pictures and video. All these things help to fix the issues.

Best response ever ^ .
Worth rereading it several times, so it sinks in real good.

You'll be hard pressed to find a nicer, more knowledgeable bunch of hands-on guys anywhere but here.

I love my Warrior and Raptor 350. I had a high maintenance Banshee for 4 or 5 years, and was so glad to get rid of it and get the stuff I have now. They aren't great for power, but the ease of repair and reliability more than makes up for that.

Best response ever ^ .
Worth rereading it several times, so it sinks in real good.

You'll be hard pressed to find a nicer, more knowledgeable bunch of hands-on guys anywhere but here.

:tup::tup:

Thanks guy! I've been on here long enough to know how these things go.

I've owned and ridden lots of stuff (about 40 and counting), from '70's era minibikes to nitrous injected sportbikes.
Quite a few of them came in a box, like the 2 dirt bikes I have now (ie. junk - LOL). That's not including the jet skis, cars, trucks, snowmobiles...

My stock Warrior was in fair shape to start but left as a super nice machine. Great all-rounder with enough power to impress my fat ass! Briggs and Stratton can't even make an engine easier to diagnose and work on than a Warrior.

I'll have another someday.

I figure problems come with whatever machine ya own. I'm pretty happy with my Warrior & have been surprised at how well it's come along with minimal effort. I'm not sure you'll find a machine that has parts as plentiful as a Warrior. Everybody has problems but then again, some people bitch if their icecream is cold....

dont give up! i cant count how many times ive pulled so-called bulletproof hondas out of the woods with my low tech warrior. when you find it, and if you look you will, you will prolly be happy with it. mine was treated horribly its first years, and after i worked all the bugs out its a great machine. good luck! knowledge on here is irreplaceable.

Thanks for all the replies. I have sent my cdi box back to dynatek for dignostics. I was losing spark signal to the plug. Anything above idle it would start dropping ramdom spark increasing with rpm. I decided to start with the cdi then if that checks out ok ill retest the source and pickup coils. I had replaced the stator and all with an aftermarket unit from yamaha dealer. There are only so many things that can be bad. I appreciate any and all help.

Back