Any tips on what jetting to start with?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostedmk2golf

Reaction score
Hi, im building a warrior 350 (no clue what year, its a raptor frame but the motor has a warrior carb). Mods that matter are stage 1 hotcams cam, mildly ported head, some unknown aftermarket exhaust, cone air filter with no air box, +4mm stroker kit and +1mm 10.5:1 piston. runs choke on or off but only drives choke on, so i know it must be very lean (100% positive its factory jetting). im just looking on any tips on where to start jetting this thing, any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'd try a 47.5 pilot with air fuel screw about 1.5 - 1.75 turns out and a 160 main. Buy some new plugs and do plug chops till you get it about right. If the 47.5 seems too big, turn the screw in 1/4 turn at a time and try that. If you get to 1/2 turn out from lightly seated and it still needs more adjustment drop down to a 45 and start over again at 1.75 turns out. Plug chops will tell which way to go with the main jet. Give it a good thorough cleaning including blowing out all passages with compressed air first before doing anything. Good luck.

Alright so the only dealer in my area that was open today had no idea what I meant when I said I needed different jets and to come back and speak to one of the techs on monday. So I walked out and took a trip to harbor freight and picked up a micro drill bit set (60 gauge to 1 gauge) I cross referenced some sizes from gauge to mm and after a few tries I ended up with a 51 gauge bit (I believe that's about a 170 jet). Pulls pretty good full throttle now, slight midrange hesitation and that initial idle to part throttle transition just wants to stall. I figure during the week I will try out that 47.5 pilot jet, possibly adjust the needle and hopefully I'll be right where I need to be! Thanks!

I'll also add that I did try a 50 gauge and it broke up a bit at top end full throttle so I went back to the 51 gauge. 52 gauge just kept falling on its face when I tried to accelerate. That's pretty much how I ended up at the 51 gauge bit.

Back