any snowmobilers??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love sleds. There is just something about them that makes them more fun with quads... maybe it is the fact that you can go 0-80mph in like 8 seconds.

or that my sled has over 65 more hp then the warrior and weigh s 30lbs more?

I rode a ZR580 a few months ago. It was pretty fast. I got it up to 80mph and I backed off. I was in a field in 1' of powder, so it was almost topped out. They are so much fun. The ZR has 75hp more than my Raptor and weighs about 100lbs more. Those 440's are really light.

yeah, the fastest thing i rode was my friends yamaha attack, th fourcylinder 160hp sled, heavy as hell but takes off like none other. its fast in a straight line, but in any twistys it just gets lost behind my 440

I was looking at ZR600's on Craigslist in the fall and winter. I'd like one with little mods, loud can, low windsheild, plastic skis, studs, reed valves... The things are just money pits. My dads ZR580 wasnt running right, so we took off the exhaust, and pulled the flywheel off. The magnets were crushed, in about 20 pieces, and the stator was burnt. And right before that happened, the y-pipe cracked. Now it sits:argh: I figure, modded quad or stock quad and sled?

imo the liquid cooled arctic cat (suzuki) engines are crap. polaris triples are crap, triples in general you just want to stay away from, i think somehting like a mxz 580 would suit you well

My dad has had 5 Arctic Cat sleds, and this is the only one that hasnt worked right. For Ski-Doo's... I like MXZ-X 440's. I am fairly small, I am 5'5" and weigh 120lbs, so I need a somewhat light sled.

i got a few sled but my pride and joy is a 900 rmk poo with a 153 home made tube tunnel turboed and its scary maxen it out on hard packed only need that much power in the pow. we dont get much pow so i also have a 91 artic cat jag with a turboed 440 liquid cooled in her with a m10 suspention 136 rails. very fun to drive but the front is still leaf springs and that sucks but its a sleeper. id like to drop the 900 in it and get a costom motor for my rmk but dont really have the money. id like to turbo my wheeler since both sleds are but im still getting used to wheelers. maybe next winter project.

i doubt he has a turboed jag, that would require the adddition of a fuel injection system, with the ability to compensate for the spooling of a turbo, the fuel ramping whatever bullshit so very unlikely

first off i didnt say doo anywhere i said poo for polaris and you dont need to have it fuel injected at all carbs work to it just takes a lot to dile it in. the m10 does fit fine i had to have smaller cogs so the 1.5 track will fit. iv been worken on both these sleds for awhile so dont be saying no that not true. go to backcountryrebels.com lots of people do mods like this and many more im posten mine up this weekend when i go get them from my camp to pot them in my garage. next time you try to **** on people for what they have you should know what your talking about first.

imo the liquid cooled arctic cat (suzuki) engines are crap. polaris triples are crap, triples in general you just want to stay away from, i think somehting like a mxz 580 would suit you well
i diss agree i got over 10,000mi on my 98 ski-doo formula III triple. and it finally went. this is that sleds first ever rebuild so just stay away from arctic cat sleds and polaris,thats what i say

i diss agree i got over 10,000mi on my 98 ski-doo formula III triple. and it finally went. this is that sleds first ever rebuild so just stay away from arctic cat sleds and polaris,thats what i say

i agree most triples are well built. the poo triple is a very well rounded motor that where made for awhile because of how reliable they where. wernt the lightest but lasted a long time. and poos have had the most problems with the 800 and 900 motors because the cranks. if you upgrade to the lager bearings there fine. cats had a few years where they where recalled for pistions but for the most part cats engines are very reliable. i can tell you i wount be buying another 800 or 900 poo tho

I have never heard of a Polaris called a "Poo" I say, stay away from Yamaha and Ski-Doo sleds. Arctic Cat is the way to go. They look the best also IMO.

Do you ever ride your Warrior out on the Bay? I go out there a couple times a week when the ice is there.

Do you ever ride your Warrior out on the Bay? I go out there a couple times a week when the ice is there.

i take mine out there most of the time but i live by the quanicasea river but im about 15 miles from the hot ponds, were do you ride at? oh and another thing my doo had crank problems also but it s a 600

I have never heard of a Polaris called a "Poo" I say, stay away from Yamaha and Ski-Doo sleds. Arctic Cat is the way to go. They look the best also IMO.

ya its just short lots of people call em that cuz there just as good a poo unless there built up. and yamaha are alright if you like ridding trails and be really heavy but very reliable. doos try to make all there stuff as light as posibul so they have lots of quality problems if you dont treat em right and dont sidehill very well they just lay over but i guess on the 2k12 they fixed that. cats have probs made they best sleds every. they might be behind in the weight compition but they are very reliable but have only had tunnle/bulkhead problems in the f series and the pistions in a few year cant remember what exactly but thats it. i also love the new look of the cats but the spindles are very tall and vonerable but i still want one

heres how i look at it, the 5 arctic cats that ive known that my friends and myself have ranging from a 340 puma to a thundercat, the 340 and thundercat an great no problems the others, not so much. we had one ski do before, was a piec a **** never started (formula 500) and imo ski doos are kinda flimsy. have a yamaha, it does alrigth, not much too it, my friend has a attack, fast as hell, thats about it. for the poos, weve never hada single issue with one, weve only owned tyhe fuji twin motors which are known for being bulletproof reliable, and ive heard nothing but trouble with polaris triples blowing crank seals bearing etc

Back