Any ever have a rocker arm seize while out riding?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc63670

Reaction score
This year I bought two warriors. A 98, and a 03. I was out at St.Joe state park riding a little while back and after a couple hours ride, it died like I shut it off. Got it home started checking and had 0 compression. Tore the head off and I thought it was a bent exhaust valve. It was stuck open and could be forced closed. So ordered new valves and seals. Took it to a local shop and the next day they called and said the valves were fine. The exhaust rocker arm had seized up.

So now that I've got all that replaced, and ready to put it all back together. Any thing you all might reccomend me looking at to figure out if it was oil related, or did the previous owner just run it to hard and I bought a lemon? Thanks for any input.

1, check the oil filter to be sure it's not clogged up, if it's not, check for oil pressure to the topend after you get it running. There's a small bolt on the head on the intake side of the head on the right. Pull it out and check for oil pressure. If you don't have it then you have a problem.

Ok I'll check for pressure when I get it all put back together. That bolt where you do that, can it support a oil pressure gauge?

I doubt it it's pretty small and be careful not to over tighten it cause you'll strip it out really easy just snug it up

Back