Any Diehard 3800 Fans Here?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rappy'97

Reaction score
Got my Grand Prix almost a year ago, have fallen in love with the supercharged 3800 platform... They have so much potential.

Anyone else really into GM's 3800?

I don't do much work to them. Only major thing I can think of that we have done is intake manifold on one. The egr return in the intake, just on the other side of the MAF sensor, is metal and is cooled by the coolant passing through the intake. They like to melt the intake, and it floods the engine with coolant.

Last edited:
I don't do much work to them. Only major thing I can think of that we have done is intake manifold on one. The egr return in the intake, just on the other side of the MAF sensor, is metal and is cooled by the coolant passing through the intake. They like to melt the intake, and it floods the engine with coolant.

Yeah, the stupid plastic LIM. Just got done doing mine on the GTP a couple weeks ago.

I want to get an 87 Fireo fastback GT with a 3800 engine swap. One of my dream cars.

Had a 3.8 Camaro for a long time until my insurance company decided it was "totaled" after a minor accident.

I have a 2004 Monte Carlo SS Dale Earnhardt Jr , it is number 164 of 2283. I love this car and the power it has. I plan on putting a magna flow exhaust cold air box etc. I mostly drive only to cars shows.

Last edited:
Back