any advice on how to restore plastics???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98-warrior

Reaction score
I do not have any kinda money to buy new or used cause shipping is soo high. so do you guys have any opinions for my blue plastics that are scratched faded and stress marks all over? I tryed running a torch over all them but i cant get the stress marks out without burning my plastics and cant get the burn marks out.. If i dont find any answers i will just go with bulldog adhesion promoter and krylon fusion blue paint. but i jump alot and im worried that they wld slap down and crack the paint.:argh:

Those arnt to bad, try what geeesfore siad. Heat gun will work alot better than a torch, easier to control how hot the plastic gets

Ill tell you how me and quad addict did it

- take 400-600 grit sand paper going in one dirrection not circles or in a x pattern and don't put a lot of presure on the sand paper

- get a brown paper bag or brown packing paper and go over the plastics in the same dirrections as the sand paper and this will take a lot of down ward force to
complete

- now heat with blow gun to take the stress marks out and to seal the plastics becareful not to burt the plastics in this prosess

them pics arent too grate but they look like crap the way there faded and stuff up close.
i tried 220 and then 320 i cant get ahold of any 400-600 at any stores here.
i will try to order some online and i tried a heat gun and still cant get the marks out.

That consiscant fade is like a white powery stuff after you get if off the plastics its almost like corosion the heat gun with take the stress marks most of the way out but not all the way

yea all it is is like chalk powder but with a clear coat on it wen i get done heatin my plastics with the heat gun. I am going to start sanding it alot with 220 and then 320 then 400 and 600 and use nuvus plastic scratch remover and if it hasnt came out heat it again and if it dont work im painting them untill i find some better shape ones

Get waterproof sandpaper and wet sand the **** out of them... i had the hose up on my deck showering down on the plastics as i was sanding them on saw horses.. it comes up so nice its ridiculous .. i could see myself in them ..

okay i spent atleast 3 hours each night this week wen i got home and i used so much sandpaper and water and heating it and plastic polish and i end up getting the same whiteish chalky marks where the stock decals were wen put on factory, and its only inside whe
0604111711.jpg
re the sticker was.
0604111711.jpg

0604111711c.jpg

0531112041.jpg
and im starting to get the 366 back together also. i will have everything painted by next weekend and then the next i should have the motor in and see if it will start but not move yet.

i guess but im gunna try krylon if i dont like it wen i get it goin again. about 3 to 4 more weeks and it will

Heat heat and loooooooooots of heat but don't burn it just get it hot enough to melt the plastic but don't let it melt out of shape

Back