Another warrior that will only roll start?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stator hasnt arrived in the mail yet but today I tested the little orange wire that goes to the coil and it has no power on it when i turn the key on or try to start it. Does anyone know what this means? Thanks

Usually points to what your waiting on. Theres just no signal be sent to fire the spark. ill almost bet that once you get that stator in she'll fire right up. Have you got the ringed wire hooked where it needs to be yet. I havent found a pink wire yet. it doesnt happen to be faded does it

The wire that looks pink in the picture is actually the orange coil wire so its good. I hooked up the black ground wire. Now the only thing Im not sure about is the little white clip.
Thanks

Ok so i recieved my stator from RM stator this morning. Unfortunatly I had to work all day. Yesterday I installed new racing chain rollers, reajusted my chain, and greased all the bushings on my warrior. My rear shock was squeaking from the top bushing so i squirted some penetrating oil around it and it completely stopped. I also took out my k&n filter and washed and oiled it. I was thinking about drilling holes in my airbox lid but im not sure its a good idea(any suggestions?). besides that I just cleaned everything up well and installed a new dg header. I am going to install the stator in the morning and i will post my results. Thanks to everyone who has helped me on this, I really appreciate it.

IMHO I wouldn't drill holes in my air that keeps dirt and water out, its why it built and put on that way. It lets more air in I know but also lets in more dirt and the chance of getting water in there are greater.

This morning I put on the rm stator with a new gasket and put 2 1/2 quarts of yamalube 10w30 oil and new oil filter. The warrior started instantly! The combination of the new starter clutch, starter, and stator work awesome. It now starts just like a brand new one. I am so glad my warrior is fixed. Thanks to everyone who offered me advice through this problem. Hopefully this thread will help someone else identify whats wrong with theirs.

just make sure that your battery is still in good shape since the stator wasn't charging it. If you ran it down to nothing a few times and jump it to get it going it will go to crap like mine.

Back