Another problem??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otto7668

Reaction score
So I took off the car cleaned it again, adjusted the float...ran awesome for 10 mins then started acting up again once the motor got warm...started sputtering under load, bad throttle response...I don't know what else to do...parking break and clutch safety switch maybe? Please help lol!!! It's a 2003 stock warrior btw

that may be worth a shot. do it and see if it fixes the problem. also check the boot between the carb and head. sometimes they dry rot and crack

This thing is just problem after problem...just put the new sprockets and chain on, and now it won't go into neutral unless its turned off....while running it just shifts right into second...I'm having second thoughts on this thing..any ideas? I only went or a rip up an own the street quick, pulled in the driveway and couldn't get neutral

New chain and sprockets wont make it hard to go into neutral. Ditch the shitty stock shifter linkage and put a yz250 shifter on it.

The Yz250 direct shifter mod and an oil cooler will greatly improve the finding neutral problem
And bypass those Damn parking brake and clutch safety switches more than likely it's your problem

I no this is vag but my freind that runs Staidium Yamaha asked his 30yr tech what was wrong with mine cuz it does the same thing,, he said it was comon on the early year warriors that when you opened the clutch cover if when the seal broke the cover almost sprung open that there is a gear thing in there that has bearings on its shaft and they would work there way out putting stress on the gears causing it to not want to shift into neutrel and you have to put red locktight on the bearings casing and push them back in,, i havent done it with mine et cuz i havent gottin my new clutches yet but there coming in the mail and i will look in mine soon...

Mines a 2003 so I don't know if that would be the issue...I'm doing an oil change tomorrow and picking up a yz250 shifter off of Craigslist...hopefully this will fix one of the many problems I'm having with this machine haha...what type of oil should I throw in it, or what have you guys fond to work best??

this is what I've been using for the last 2 years during summer
it's under $4/quart at Wal-Mart
p13.png

and in winter I use the 10-40

They also make a ATV version of this oil too but I haven't found it yet
Z

Last edited:
I use the valvoline that hauler uses in mine. But, it makes all 3 of my hondas smoke. Put the honda gn4 back in them and whalla! No more smoking.

This thing is just problem after problem...just put the new sprockets and chain on, and now it won't go into neutral unless its turned off....while running it just shifts right into second...I'm having second thoughts on this thing..any ideas? I only went or a rip up an own the street quick, pulled in the driveway and couldn't get neutral

Mine does that too. I just feather the clutch out a little to let it roll a bit and pull the clutch and barely move the shifter. Works most of the time but not always.

I no this is vag but my freind that runs Staidium Yamaha asked his 30yr tech what was wrong with mine cuz it does the same thing,, he said it was comon on the early year warriors that when you opened the clutch cover if when the seal broke the cover almost sprung open that there is a gear thing in there that has bearings on its shaft and they would work there way out putting stress on the gears causing it to not want to shift into neutrel and you have to put red locktight on the bearings casing and push them back in,, i havent done it with mine et cuz i havent gottin my new clutches yet but there coming in the mail and i will look in mine soon...

Good idea. Now I have an excuse to put the extra clutch steelie and install a cooler and fix the shifting. Cool. Three birds with one stone. LOL

After you've done away with the safety swiches dose the neutrel light still work,, seams mine was already done before i got my wheeler, buy reading hear and looking at the bike ive found the two wires under the hood cut and taped together, a new single cable moose handle and no ebrake and has a moose blockoff plate,, now mine to has a hard time finding neutrel but the light dosent work and i switched it with the reverse light so i no the bulb works but no light!!
PS lbjamm did you order the raptor stuff from the site in the thread or somewhere else??

After you've done away with the safety swiches dose the neutrel light still work,, seams mine was already done before i got my wheeler, buy reading hear and looking at the bike ive found the two wires under the hood cut and taped together, a new single cable moose handle and no ebrake and has a moose blockoff plate,, now mine to has a hard time finding neutrel but the light dosent work and i switched it with the reverse light so i no the bulb works but no light!!
PS lbjamm did you order the raptor stuff from the site in the thread or somewhere else??

then your neutral switch down by the shifter needs to be replaced most likely

Back