Another new guy with starting issues!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAQ80

Reaction score
Ok guys, I have a 2001 I just bought and am trying to get started. It tries to turn over and has good compression, but it doesn't have spark.
I've tried a known good plug. I tried doing the resistance checks on the stator, the colors referenced in the manual didn't really help because my wires are all spliced, faded, and covered in melted electrical tape. But I'm assuming you just put the leads across the terminals of each individual plug coming off the stator, this is what I got:
3 wire connector: 0 ohms across all terminals
2 wire jack: .300 ohms (basically short)
2 wire plug: open
So I'm assuming the stator is bad correct, or am I taking the wrong measurements? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Any ideas on these readings?

Thanks man. I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong because the readings were so far out of spec.
I heard the $40 stators are junk, but the $140 price tag is a steep comparison, any advice on which stator to get? Thanks again.

You are actually putting the probes on each wire separately,right..??...Like put one probe on metal end of green wire,and other probe on metal end of yellow wire.....Not across the plug...

Yamahauler has had good luck with the caltric ones,he just had to switch a couple wires around in one plug....but I got one from RMStator a couple years ago for my 97,and I also had to switch 2 wires in a plug...so...

So coming off the stator I have 3 plugs. A female connector with 3 white wires, a female connector with a green and a red wire, and a male connector with a red and a white wire.
I measured resistance across wires on the same plug. So the 3 whites(0 ohms),the green and red(.3 ohms), the white and red(open). That's the way to do it right?

Last edited:
Ok, took another look at what I was doing. I'm used to using a fluke multimeter with auto settings. I'm using a cheap multimeter now and have it set to 2K, so the .3 ohms is actually 300. That's why my readings were out of wack. The other one is open so yea need a stator. Thanks guys.

Back