Another day, another problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakuza

Reaction score
I ran another hare scramble this morning. Lined up, took second off the holeshot (to a yfz again) but managed to pass him within the first couple hundred yards in the woods. I started to notice it was handling like crap, but I kept pushing on. Well, after about one and a half laps I could hear and feel my chain had a ton of slack in it. I knew it wasn't good because I tightened it up last night before I loaded the quad on the trailer. It got worse until I had to pull out, and I have no axle bearings left on one side now. I'm starting to get tired of constantly fixing this damn thing ::) I feel better now, I had to vent.....

First: Id like to say you must be a kick ass rider cause the YFZ is a damn nutty quick machine - so good riding man.

Next: I assume your bolts are coming loose on the carrier? Torque the ******* snot out of those fuckers and put some locktite red on them if you have to.

hell ya

one DAMN good rider,on a warrior???? that a a friggin like joe byrd right there,lol

Well thank you very much ;D I don't know if I'd say all that....lol....but I've been riding for over ten years. I can hold my own. It's a Raptor 350, not a warrior. Only performance mods (aside from suspension) are pipe, jet, filter/open box. I'm telling ya, the thing rips for a 350....lol. Same guy on same 450 got me last time on the holeshot too. They run dead engine starts, off the bike with the motor off. Drop the flag, get on the bike start er up and take off. I get everyone off the line everytime. By the end of the field we start in (about 100 yards long) the guy on the yfz has enough to catch up and get about half a bike length on me going into the first trail. After you're in the trails, it's all rider. Another thing I didn't like was I added air pressure before this race, and it sucked. Everyone else is running kind of high pressure. I'm usually at 2.5 in the rear and about 3-3.5 in the front. I bumped the fronts up to 5psi and it wanted to stand up on two wheels (bicycle) a bunch of times. I don't know how those guys do it, but it sucked ass in my opinion.

About the axle, everything is still tight, except the bearings of course...lol. I replaced my axle about two months ago without replacing the bearings (they were ok at the time) which was a bad move. From now on anytime the axle comes out, new bearings go in. There's a set screw in the large axle nut and I loaded that thing up with red loctite when I put it together, I'm hoping I can get it backed out without too much problem now.

5lb Rear and 6lb Front Air Pressure for a wet/slick track.
3lb Rear and 5lb Front for a dry/super slick track.
2 or 2.5lb Rear and 3.5 to 4lb Front for wet/tacky or hardpack track.

Those came straight from (can't say name) that ran GNCC for a while. I have test'd those air pressure's and it's worked well, expically the 3lb - 5lb combination for a very dry and super slick (mostly top sand) track.

Yeah well what works well for one doesn't work well for everyone....trust me...lol. I like when my fronts will smush a little and squat. With that much pressure they just kind of wanted to roll. That's with +2" arms and my ass hanging off the other side of the bike too. I'm sure those numbers are pretty much the norm, but it just doesn't work well for me, so I'm sticking to what does. Not being an ass, those pressures just don't work well for me at all. Everyone else seems to like 'em though.....

I was just posting them anyway, someone might find them usefull.

First race i ran, 5-5 on a Dry/SuperSlick Dust track and all it'd do was spin. I then wen't back to the same track after a small rain, the track was wet/tacky and i put down some awsome lap's with the 5-5 air pressure, it even picked up so much torque on landing that it rised into a wheelie every time.

How the hell did you get sponsored by all those companies??? Hiper wheels-there's a nice sponsorship :eek: I'm supposed to go to the local Yamaha dealer Saturday with the little cousin. He races MX with a yfz and is sponsored by them, he said the owner wants to speak with me. With the rate I keep breaking **** I could sure use the price breaks....lol. Nice job on those sponsors man.

Yakuza, seriously dont dicuss about getting a discount from any sponsor's. If you have been sent a contract, read it carefully because there is a line that will explain in detail about discussing your discount's and it will lead to Contract Temination.

I picked up HiPer by just e-mailing them and they reply'd within 24 hour's.

All my other sponsor's has came along the same way, DeCal Works, Renthal, Regina Chain and TwinAir are threw SponsorHouse.Com

Do these people actually kow whether or not you really race??? Just curious. I mean, I don't know that much about racing. I just ride for fun.

Do these people actually kow whether or not you really race??? Just curious. I mean, I don't know that much about racing. I just ride for fun.

They dont know unless you send them a pic of you at the track befor your helmet is on and pics of while your on track.

But the main thing is, if your not racing, then why lie and say you are?

No, that's not what I was saying. I don't want any sponsors for anything. I just meant, do they come out in suppoprt of your racing or anything.....

No, that's not what I was saying. I don't want any sponsors for anything. I just meant, do they come out in suppoprt of your racing or anything.....

I knew what you ment and once again i was just saying.

If their in the area, i'd say more than likely they would go to the track your racing at and support you on race day.

4Jon11, thanks for the heads-up. I didn't know that. I even modified my post and took it out...lol. Check your pm's again.

Yak

Here is what one of my contract's say and i can not post where it's from or what level it is, but i can pretty must post everything it say's but the two thing's above.

***VERY IMPORTANT- DO NOT DISCUSS YOUR LEVEL "N/A" PRICES WITH ANYONE. ANY (N/A) TEAM RIDER THAT IS REPORTED FOR DISCUSSING HIS PRICES IN PUBLIC WILL BE IMMEDIATLEY TERMINATED FROM HIS CONTRACT. TERMINATED RIDERS WILL BE REPORTED TO OTHER PARTICIPATING INDUSTRY COMPANIES DISCUSSING YOUR PRICES IS A VIOLATION TO YOUR CONTRACT. PLEASE CONTACT (N/A) IMMEDIATLEY IF YOU HEAR AN (N/A) SPONSORED RIDER DISCUSSING HIS PRICES IN PUBLIC.

Back