Already bored .020 over

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason350

Reaction score
Well I pulled my head and jug off cause it was smoakin really bad. Got the piston off and googled the #'s on the top and it's a 83.5mm so it's .020 over. My question is the cylinder looks worn pretty bad and I'm not sure if another .020 bore will clean it up 100%. is there a good .060 piston for the warrior available. I found namura pistons.060 over, but I would rather not buy that does wiseco have one? I checked their website and didn't see one. Any help would be appreciated. Oops sorry guys I posted this in the wrong section.

Last edited:
You could just go .040 over wouldn't that just be easyer?
Yeah it would, but he said that it is bored out .20 alreadt and he doesn't think another .20 will take all the scratches out, wich would be a .40 overbore. Finding a .60 high compression piston is difficult but .80 JE are on ebay for about 150.00 bucks

Could just get a new Jug if it's really that bad. They aren't that expensive. Although I'd probably just go the big bore route.

Thanks guys, yea I had a few other buddies look at the jug and I decided to just go another .020 over. I ordered a wiseco 10 1/4 comp. .040 piston kit and top end gasket set this morning. Now I just gotta play the waitin game, they said it should be here by this coming Friday no later than next Monday. So if everything goes right I'll be breaking it in next week :)

Well I got the piston kit and gaskets today, got it and the cylinder dropped of at the machine shop:) Now to change the valve seals and check the guides and seats this weekend, then paint the head and wait till monday when I get my parts back to paint the jug. Then it's break in time. Lol. :)

If you use oversized valves you have to get the valve seats machined don't you? I saw someone say you don't but it doesn't make sense to me.

Back