All help is greatly apreciated

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdub

Reaction score
Hey guys could really use some help, i was in the same situation as this guy(dillion hes got videos on youtube) origanly with the noise it makes when you try to start it, after inspection I found that my cam gear broke off, why did it brake off? The guy b4 me decided to weld it to the part where the bolt screws in.Theres pictures in my profile and i can take more if someone wants to see something else. I always listen to advice Im not like this kid, its my first atv rebuild but ive already got the head off. Any help would be appreciated I need to know what should be relpaced

And thank you Dreaded Idk how I missed that button.

The guy before you injected a pos into you. You will need to replace the camshaft, cam gear, cam bolt and washer, and I would also suggest you replace the timing chain. You may or may not have bent valves as well.

Ok thanks MidwayUSA, the valve on the front seemed fine but the one towards the carb idk its been nigrigged(the guy I traded was black too lol) and really loose Ill take a pic tomorrow, ya its a pos but im fixing it, I feel like I might have gotten the raw end of the deal, it ran fine the night he brought it over then the next day I got to ride it for 30mins and then it died in my driveway. I traded my first car(90 rs camaro)title and all which he sold like a week later for almost 2grand...
So Im rebuilding it do you think it would be better/less costly to just buy a whole new head/top end?

Sometimes you can get an complete head reasonably priced. Just make sure the seller is reputable or you may be further in the hole than you are now.

look on ebay and sometimes people on here have a spare one that they might want to sell. are you doing the work yourself or will you have your local shop do the work for you?

x2! ebay is the place to go buddy! or if someone on here has a spare im sure they will be more than happy to cut you a deal. yamahauler might have one

look on ebay and sometimes people on here have a spare one that they might want to sell. are you doing the work yourself or will you have your local shop do the work for you?
Ok thanks Ill def check on ebay and start comparing prices(I bought the manual the day after it quit) and yes Im doing the work, its not my first engine but it is somthing else lol I first started working on jeeps with my Dad, then I started getting into camaros

ok so what years will work together?would the head from a 93,94,95,etc work on my 97 4stroke?
Im guessing the head off of a 2stroke wouldnt work right?

ok so ive been looking on ebay and some of the prices scare me lol but i found a guy on craigslist selling a complete but disasembled warrior for 300 bucks he dosent know the year, i wanted to build a second warrior and paint it the way i wanted,green frame black plastics
should i just buy the parts quad and combine the 2?

That's up to you, dude. It's your money. If it were me I'd probably buy it because you can never have enough spare parts. Also, the heads off of big bears, moto4 350, wolverine, terrapro, most any 350cc yamaha will fit.

That's up to you, dude. It's your money. If it were me I'd probably buy it because you can never have enough spare parts. Also, the heads off of big bears, moto4 350, wolverine, terrapro, most any 350cc yamaha will fit.
ya im about to go look at he said it ran b4 he tore it down
thanks alot I did not know that(interchangeable heads) I really appreciate information like that. So hopefully Ill be able to just use what i need from the parts quad

so sad face i looked up his address and its in the absolute worst side of town. I used to live there and the street he wants me to meet him on is notorious for getting shot and robbed even 4 your shoes, Id bet my bottom dollar its stolen so im back to square 1 lol im going to start looking for some of those other yamha parts that will work.

i have a head but no cam i'd take 50 + shipping for it
thanks man i appreciate but no thanks shipping internationaly is alot and i found 1 on ebay for less than 100,
It says it has a stage 1 hotcam, idk which is better A STAGE 1 OR 2.
Bc Im all about performance
its also been ported on the intake side of the engine does it sound like its worth getting?

Last edited:
Another question would using a complete head Yamaha Moto 4 350 87, on my 97, would the older head sacrifice power?
Im usually pretty rough on things lol so durability is also important

ok thanks Bones I really appreciate it I might be getting a 2007 grizzly head I just want to do it soon I hate waiting a whole week for an auction to end

Back