alky?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzy613

Reaction score
any one attempt to run alky in their warrior i may have the chance to buy an alky carb setup and was wondering if any body had tips?

You'll only get like 20 miles to the tank. Not going to be able to trail with it anymore.

Alcohol doesn't work well on lower compression ratios. If you had a JE 12:1 piston it might. Also like they said, fuel consumption will kill you. Takes almost double the fuel when running alcohol.

i considered this but if you dont ride it it every weekend you have to drain it out. methanol will absorb water out of the air and cause a lot of corrosion, this is also why pump gas with a lot of ethonol cause's problems in small engines it can corrode the jets and other passage ways if left siting

my buddys banshee sat for the whole winter out in his garage and carburetor never caroded and, crank or cylinder never rusted

the oil may have something to do with that, i dont know. but it is a common issue with alcohol motors that sit a lot

alky brand alcohol has topend cylinder lubricant specially design to prevent corrosion in 4 stroke engines...nuff said.

Last edited:
Back