alcohol?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcombs0064

Reaction score
I use to race gocarts and all you had to do was switch the carb jets over so it could handle the fuel, Think you could do this with a warrior? Alcohol make your engine run alot cooler, has high octane, and is very clean, and is alot cheaper then the other race fuel! its just 4$ a gallon here, Gasoline is almost as high as it is now! Was just wondering if there was a way to switch it over so you could run this fuel through a warrior?

Idk I think the best way would be to try it if I didn't have so much in this motor id try it I might put a second motor together and I might try it on it we will see

Yeah thats what im wondering? a gocart dosent have alot, and it gives them alot more power. BUT one down fall, they BURNNNNNNNN through the fuel when you run em on alcohol lol

No reason it couldn't work.
Like you said though, you'd need to run a GIANT main jet to compensate.

I don't know much about it, but you could probably Google the difference in BSFC (brake specific fuel consumption) figures between gas and alchy to get a starting point for jetting.

I wouldn't expect to see a huge improvement in HP. Maybe just a couple.

Local dirt oval car racers here have been kicking around the E85 idea since its "theoretically" cheaper (at the pump). Big downfall to it is requires special fuel system rubber components, as alchy is corrosive to aluminum and various standard gasket materials.

It is high maintenance stuff, and probably more of a pain in the ass than it's worth.

Last edited:
It would be a run little project to do! And bragging rights haha! I think it would keep your piston free from so much carbon to. Just have to play around with it to get it to run right

Back