Airbrushed helmets...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadz4life88

Reaction score
Has anyone had their helmet airbrushed? I'm thinking about getting mine done but don't want to spend a ton of money on it. If you did have yours done how much did it run you? Did you have the whole thing done or just a logo or something?

I'm not sure airbrushing a MX helmet makes much sense in light of the abuse it will take from roost, low hanging branches, etc.

I know I take very good care of my helmet and it is still all scuffed/scratched.

A street helmet, maybe. But not MX.

If you were to get it airbrushed, and have some clear put over it as a shell to protect it. Then I don't see how it would be damaged, unless you took some nasty rocks/branches to the head. I personally try not to go toe up w/ an oak tree, I may be dense, but the tree doesn't move.
~Bill

I'm not sure airbrushing a MX helmet makes much sense in light of the abuse it will take from roost, low hanging branches, etc.

I know I take very good care of my helmet and it is still all scuffed/scratched.

A street helmet, maybe. But not MX.
exactly correct, evreyone take this from a man whos brother is a tatoo artist/airbrush artist

or a kid whos uncle is a tatoo/airbrush artist

even if you did put a clearcoat on it it will still chip off and the paint will chip/peel/flake etc.

oh people do it

No ****?

I'm just saying if any one of us take a look at our helmets you are going to find that regardless of how careful you are it's going to get scratched up.

Would you take a truck with a show quality painjob through the woods? No.

Why not, becasue it will get all scratched up.

If I were spend a chunk of money to have a helmet custom painted it would only be for display.

That's just me.

Back