airbox

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfcaster

Reaction score
I have an 88 warrior with a white brose-series pipe and air filter,would openin up the airbox with some vents be a wothwhile modification?I do mainly woods riding, are vents going to create havoc with stream crossings?

Generally more air in=more power, but you have to be jetted correctly. People also cut huge holes in the lid to let more air in. I can't think off hand who makes them but check into the replacement lids that are covered with water resistant fabric (kind of like an outerwears cover) and have it jetted right and you'll get a decent gain out of it. Just don't ride in water over the height of the airbox.

I agree. The warrior airbox is a horse **** design and doesn't flow very well at all. The best thing I can say is get a clamp on kit and you will have to jet it. As long as you don't go in water deeper then the top of your air box you'll be ok.

I'm currently running no airbox and a uni filter, but I realized that the exhaust heats up the filter alot. Could this be a problem? I'm thinking of wrapping the pipe in header tape of something to try to keep the heat in.

sure you can maybe wrap that section of pipe or the whole thing. The only thing bad about this is that it will hold the mosture in and cause the pipe to rust out bad and very fast.

Really? Well I don't really plan on doing much mud, rain, or water driving. What else can I do to keep the filter from heating up?

Just put the airbox back on and leave the lid off.

I can't. The uni filter uses a clamp and there's nothing in the airbox for it to clamp on to. I used to have a K&N filter that just slid into the slot but it's worn out beyond repair. Plus I get a pretty decent power increase before the pipe heats up the filter.

Back