Airbox idea?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler

Reaction score
I was thinking and beside taking my airbox lid off what if i drilled a bunch of large holes in it to help air flow along with removing the lid?

the lid has to stay on to hold the filter in place. without the lid, the filter will not seal, and it would be the same as not having a filter at all. just take the lid off, and drill some holes in it.

it'd be better to just replace the stock filter with a K&N and adapter and remove the lid. those foam filters break down over time and get sucked up into the carb

ya i know i already have a k&n bbut could i still drill holes in the sides and bottom of the airox and remove the lid

if you remove the lid there wouldnt be a need for drilling holes in the side and bottom, it would get enough air without it.

Yeah, no reason to drill holes in the rest of it. It'll get more than enough flow with the lid off, drilling holes in the sides will just let it suck more dirty air instead of the cleaner stuff coming from higher up.

alrite thanks guys! by the way just wanted to say this is the best site i have ever ben on beside ebay lol

I modified my lid with a piece of outwears material. I cut a large hole in the lid and then made a frame to go around the hole in aluminum, then laid the outerwears material in there and drilled holes through the lid & aluminum frame.

DSC01423.jpg

do you have any more of that outerwears material? Im thinking about doing this...
DSC01423.jpg

i drive throu a lot of water/mud and woudl be too arfaid to drill holes in the sides of my box..

thanks i bought some precharger stuff off eflay for ten bucks.. how did you mount yours in just pressure fit with the frame? can you remove it to clean it?

yes, it is basically just pressure fit. I drilled through the aluminum frame and air box lid. The screws also go through the pre filter material so it is a pretty tight fit. I used screws and nuts to attach it so yes you can disassemble it for cleaning.

Those actually look really nice, and the kits are not badly priced.
If I had know I may have just bought one instead of making one.
Nice to know, I may get one for my Honda 400ex

Thanks for the link
:)

Back