Airbox Boot

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason350

Reaction score
So i have a kehin carb with clamp on uni filter on my warrior. It runs great! Problem is, i wanna play in the mud & cant or at least wont without an airbox. I installed my factory airbox but the boot that goes from the carb to the airbox is to small to fit the kehin carb. Does anybody make aftermarket boots or tubes for bigger carbs? Or should i just make some type of reducer to fit the stock tube?

You can try to heat up and expand the tube over the inlet. That or install an outerwears filter cover.

Will just the outerwears cover protect it enuff from mud and deep puddles?

I've never used 1, but they are supposed to be waterproof. Most of the water that will hit it will come from the bottom. So making a shroud to deflect the water will help.

Boil water, put end of OEM s tube in boiling water, shove tube onto carb, alot to cool before removal.

Outerwaresare water resistant not water proof

When i got my warrior it had the keihin carb on it and the guy just took the boot from the air filter, then ripped off the filiter and then put it back on the carb. then stock air tube(i dont know what you call it) goes into the boot on the carb and then to the stock airbox and put a k&n filter on it then. Its got the precharger on it, and ive never had a problem with sucking in water. Ive had water up over all four tires and never had a problem. Even have the banshee shock with the hole in the bottom of the box and no lid. Just my senerio.

I tried boiling it & it just wont stretch enuff to fit my kehin. Im gonna make an adapter out of sum radiator hose sometime this week.

Back