Air filter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floridaredneck

Reaction score
Okay got a question, for the air filter that has the mount that you dont have to use the air box or lid what is the Inside diameter, Outside diameter, length.

I think i found a way to make one for 50 bucks.

On the Raptor Airbox, all you need is some 2.5" Aluminum or mild steel tubing about 3" long.

I made a small velocity stack like that for mine, slides right in the boot/hole, and seals in place with silicon quite nicely. Theres several K&N's that will clamp right onto it.

I'll take a pic later today when I get a chance.

Yeh thats what im doing just seeing if the filter is about the same size. Later down the road im going to be putting a massive filter on there. The Inside diameter is 3 inches.

does doing that make a great difference in power? or do yall just like comming up with your own ideas to make one instead of buying one?

I didn't feel like paying 120 for one. Plus its custom and gives me something to do. If i can get the bigger air filter on there should be good power gain.

I used the stock filter end and cut the metal part off leaving the plastic end that mounts to the airbox. put a piece of 2 inch pvc in there and it was tight and i used some pvc glue for extra assurance. then I plastic welded and riveted that to the airbox and clamped a k&n on the pvc end.

Anyone know the dimensions of the Pro filter one or what ever its called?

I need I.D, O.D and length

Im assuming im going to need to re-jet.

does doing that make a great difference in power? or do yall just like coming up with your own ideas to make one instead of buying one?

With an opened up airbox, and using a K&N clamp-on filter, you can tune for more HP, usually in conjunction with a good exhaust upgrade.

A lot of the kits I've seen are a major rip-off IMHO... The K&N's they come with (typically) run about $23 dealer cost, and the CNC machined aluminum adapters production cost anywhere from $4 to $8 each depending on quantity. The Delron and/or ABS plastic adapters cost about $2 each to make according to my sources.

I dont like the idea of spending $100+ on $30 worth of parts myself.

In my case, I made a velocity stack that doubles as a clamp-on filter adapter. It'll flow just as well, and saved me a good amount of cash.

Back