air filter adapter..anybody made one??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtstalker

Reaction score
Hey i'm wonderin if any of you guys have made a 'homemade' air filter adapter?? I know they sell them..but they are pretty expensive. If you have made one yourself..do you care to share some pics?? And a description/ intsructions on what you did??

You can just cut the cage off the stock plastic one and clamp a filter on that?

Ed I actually bought the stuff to do ur idea and am in the process of fitting it to the stock box

I'm running a uni 2 stage filter. Tryin to get the seal better in the stock air box..the hole for the filter and the box don't line up exactly right to begin with. and the damn hole in the box isn't perfectly round lol. what the hell was Yamaha thinkin on this one?

And a pain in the ass to fab into I'm deciding to build an aluminum diamond plate air box from a lot of the scrap I have laying around with the mass air flow sensor adaptor it could make a nice box breather setup

yea it's definetly a mess. Anybody with the um aluminum air box got any measurements on the box itself? I could get one made up i'm thinkin. I've got a few connections at the local tech school around here..just need some good dimensions/measurements. but a good temporary fix for the adapter would be appreciated also.

Back