Air cooled questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrscary

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a noob question for you.

I recently bought an '05 Raptor 350 for my wife. With it being air cooled, I am wondering how the heat of summer riding will effect the motor. Are there any concerns I should be aware of?

I am used to liquid cooled quads, bikes, and sleds...this is my first forray into air cooled anything.

you shouldnt have any problems unless your rideing in like the dessert but if your worried about it just keep an eye on it and if it seems to run hotter than normal let it cool down but ive never had a problem with them

dont sit and idle to long in the heat, keep the cooling fins clean, and change you oil often, when you hear it ping its getting hot, and dont bump up your compression ratio more than 10 to 1 and youl be allright without a oil cooler.

yeah i run 20w50 with an cooler in the summer and it seems to get the job done

I ride in the deserts around Las Vegas and it gets above 110 here quite often. I have no problems with my 99 big bear.. I went riding for a couple of hours on the 4th of July and I think it was 115 or so where I was.

Back