Absolutely Confuzzled

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigCassell

Reaction score
Whats up guys, its been a while. I havent rode the Warrior at all in a while because I ripped the ball joint out of it and havent really had interest in putting it back together because I have my dirtbike to ride. Anyways, I bought a TRX450R and was planning on selling the Warrior. I put a new A arm on it and was gonna test ride it and make sure it was good before I got rid of it. Well about 20 minutes in, the bike just shuts off and absolutely will not crank back. Itll turn over and over but will not fire. I let it sit a while then go try to crank it again but something different happened this time. When I pushed the start button it started to turn over, I let go of the start button and its still turning over. I flip the kill switch and take the key out and its STILL turning over. So I have to disconnect the battery for it to stop turning over. Well I put it up. Someone I know said the starter solenoid was bad. So I ordered one and slapped it on there and went to ride. 20 minutes later and the EXACT same thing happened again. So im confused guys. What the heck?

Hahaha Alex,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could it be a short some were?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stator only provides power when the engine is running so the battery will charge, and to provide electricity to the cdi, so the cdi can fire the spark plug. Replace the starter relay with a known good one and see what she does. That may or may not take care of your constant cranking issue.

As for it dying, you are going to have to test to see if you are loosing spark or fuel when it shuts down. The stalling issue sounds stator related, but, without you testing the stator with a multimeter right after is shuts down, we can only speculate.

Back