About to go nuts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintslinga2010

Reaction score
This $500 warrior has done nothing but drive me insane. The first motor had problems, so I went ahead and bought a whole nother motor. This one turns over fine by hand but today I hooked everything up just to see if the motor would crank and all I get it clicking from the solenoid. I know the battery is good because it starts our other atv fine. I also touched a screwdriver across the solenoid and just got some sparks. What do I check next? Starter?

you sure you have the cable installed right on the starter? use jumper cables and jump it right on the starter if no go take it off the motor and check it out.

the soleniod is good i say if he jumpped it and still no go. when you jump it your buypassing it.

But if he jumps it and its all good then the statrer would have turned over. Maybe check the stater cable. Its could be broke or a bad connection.

Could you elaborate on how to check the starter still on the motor. I would rather not remove it and lose all the new oil I just dumped in. Thanks

Just to let you know my solenoid was bad and even with jumpers hooked to my battery from my diesel pickup I had to have the cummins running on high idle to jump solenoid and get it to turn over the motor! I would first change the solenoid and give it a try! I think mine cost me like 40 bucks for the oem replacement!

I hooked jumper cables to my car battery and put the positive to the starter and the negative to the frame. Did I do this right? Nothing happened..

So where would you guys suggest grounding the negative clamp. How would I test the starter off the bike?

On the quad I use the a-arm bolts as they are already bare. Off the quad I hook the negative to one of the mounting ears. If you are afraid of loosing oil position the right side of the quad on something the size of cinder blocks and you should be good.

Just hook the jumpers to pos an neg terminals on the battery... also once the starter button is depressed you should have 12 volts at the starter where the wire bolts on... if u have no power there with button pushed in pry means a bad starter solenoid ... now if you do have power at the starter with the start button pushed in try tapping starter with a hammer and see if it kicks over ..just make sure your holding button in when u do

You aren't really supposed to put the negative terminal directly on the battery as batteries can explode. This is why generally you're supposed to connect positive to the battery and the negative to the chassis.

Back