About to give up...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doobyboy26

Reaction score
Hi guys, for those who have read my previous thread. You saw the video... Anyways, yesterday I tried working on my quad and I tried putting my Quad in TDC to adjust the valves but my crank jammed and I began loosening the nut with my ratchet as i tried turning it to TDC... Then I just left it like that, bolted it back and tried starting it. All it does now is a short click and nothing... It doesn't even want to start up anymore.

I'm about to loose hope on this thing ! All I feel like doing to it now is lighting it up on my fire !:eek:

Would it rotate back I the opposite direction? If so you could have it out of time and the piston is touching the valve causing it to stop. What did you put back in it for a piston?

Well I brought it outside of the garage and tried push starting it. It just did a small thump, thump, but nothing to start it up. I didn't want to force it more... I got a stroker piston again... I think I'm about to put it back to stock form ! Less problems this way !!! My OEM Crank is still in good condition and was in working order befor putting the stroker crank... And yes it did turn in the opposite direction. I saw a video on YouTube and the guy said never turn a motor in the opposite direction or you can F*Ck it up bad !

If your crank jammed why in the hell would you put it together? I think you need a real mechanic to put it back together than. We have told you to use a different piston and you use the same junk why even ask us if your just gonna go the opposite way and do something messed up oh well its your quad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

my sister's boyfriend fixed the timing and adjusted the valves... When the chain tensioner got loose I took bad bumps and caused the cam chain to untime itself... And then he then adjusted it back to spec and adjusted the valves... Said I got really lucky. But he told me to get another chain and cam sprocket... Trial and error

Your right trial and error so why did you get another vertex piston again lol.. See ya in a few months again lol..

Back