A what-if scenario for performance mods

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I broke one.... my fault though. It's not made as good as the stocker... not to mention its made in taiwan.

It really isnt a bad cam...but i still would like to know why they demand you do not use heavier springs with their cams.

I broke one.... my fault though. It's not made as good as the stocker... not to mention its made in taiwan.

It really isnt a bad cam...but i still would like to know why they demand you do not use heavier springs with their cams.

because of the metal they use and they are worried about breaking the end of the cam off as higher tension springs put more load on the cam.
There has been countless amounts of people that have had hotcam failures from the ends of the camshaft failing. I see it all the time on other forums. Also if you want to know more about cams I wrote this..
http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=tutorials&action=display&thread=1173385110

best mods. for $200, wiseco piston kit $90., pro design K&N filter kit $100, mod. your own stock pipe, gut and cut everything out and just leave the 1" hole, pipe on at the end, re jet with a 165 main and raise the needle one clip $10

I can understand that... thats where mine broke but im pretty happy it broke there. Otherwise i maybe have had some catastrophic failure.

[quote:z3fmgpm9]lol 10 hp F that buy a nitrous kit for 25 ponies lol

Nah, bolt on stuff like performance bumpers are the way to go for big horsepower. A nice bumper, some nerf bars, a shiny gas cap, some fancy grips, and maybe a grab bar is a nice setup. Throw in a lot of stickers, pretty much put a sticker anywhere you can put a goddam sticker, and you'll be running 12's in the quarter before you know it. Amazing what strategic sticker placement can do for power and aerodynamics ;D[/quote:z3fmgpm9]

haha i like that man! imma sticker freak when it comes to my warrior. sometimes when i look at quads, im not fascinated with 2000 dollar neon green a-arms, im lookin at the damn stickers lmfao.

Back