A question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No0b

Reaction score
So I finally got the head and cylinder off my warrior. The bottom 2.5" of the cylinder wall is darker than the rest. Is that normal? I'm trying the figure out what's wrong with it, it runs, but makes terrible engine noise and I had a bunch more of metal shavings in the oil and filter. The crank spins very smooth with the cylinder off, but when it was on, It would get hung up on something (cylinder wall?).

The piston would get hung up on something? Any scratching whatsoever or wear marks?

There are a bunch of small scratches you can't really feel, just see. Then there are several deeper scratches that you can feel with a finger nail, but no major gouges. The piston is about the same as the cylinder wall. And I should mention that when I said with the cylinder on, I mean fully assembled (sorry for the confusion)

Last edited:
Ok, so I took the cylinder in to my triumph/Yamaha dealership today(which is awesome for a dealership). The guy at the counter took a look and said he could tell that there was a lot of dirt in the oil. I showed him the pictures of the metal shavings in the filter and housing And he said to check the connecting rod for vertical play, well, that was my next question. It has quite a bit of vertical play. So it looks like ii will be splitting the case and replacing a connecting rod bearing and who knows what else. Any tips or advice for my future journey? I'm thinking of a .040 over bore since the price for pistons are the same (maybe namura), new rod and bearing (not sure what brand, haven't looked), probably just do new valves and seals. Either way, it is going to be a long project for me, not what I was hoping, but want to do it right.

Last edited:
Get a wiseco complete rebuild kit. Everything needed for top and bottom for 450.

Sent from my RCT6203W46 using Tapatalk

Back