A question.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad021

Reaction score
I was trying to clean my engine today (scotch brite and such) and I went to clean out the head and there are rubber washers between the fins. Is this normal? and are they necessary? It would make cleaning sooooooo much easier if they weren't there. Just wondering if maybe the old owner had stuffed them in there thinking it was the noise from the broken head bracket and loose motor mounts.

OMG perfect timing i have the same questions lol cause my are falling out all over my road... i was gonna ask the same exact thing lol

They are there to direct air towards the center of the cylinder/head and also to reduce vibrations.

Wouldn't it actually flow more if these werent in the way of the airflow? Just asking as I understand the vibration part. Anyone removed these intentionally? Lots of motors dont have them. Just wondering

well it could act like a venturi, as air velocity increases, pressure decreases, tempurature decreases.

Back