A-arm skids for +2's?!?!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
hey yall. well i just ordered a set of wicked +2 +1 a-arms for the warrior. lookin forward to putting them on and getting some pics for yall but now i got a serious question/problem. where the hell can i find some skids for +2 a-arms? ive tried searching ebay and im gonna keep trying, but ive looked at other sites and they just dont seem to exist for the warrior. i know armadillo makes some for their a-arms, but im not sure if they would work on the wickeds. please help! also, i would like to find some that wrap around the front of the lower arms to help protect them more. there is no way that im going to ride trails without some protection on those a-arms, since i am shelling out some good money for them and i want to keep the powdercoat on there. anyone got some ideas?

ive never seen +2 skids for a warrior besides the armadillos either. you'll probably have to either make your own custom ones or you could try the armadillos, they shouldnt be that hard to modify to fit the wickeds

someone on here has modified there regular skids for the 2+ a-arms, look in the pictures section, I think it should be in there somewhere.

ya i saw that. it was in the 'my new front end' thread but he had asr a-arms so i dont know if they would work on the wickeds. he had to modify them to fit the asr's & i dont know what he had to do to get them to fit. i sent him a pm but i havent heard back yet. might just try asking in the thread. thanks for the input guys

it shouldn't be hard to modify the armadillo ones. All i could see you having to do at most would be to drill out the hole in the guard if it's threaded (can't see that being true since it's made from aluminum, and would strip) then run a stud through that with a tab of metal (pref steel) to hold it onto the lower a-arm (something like the aluminum piece that holds conduit to the exterior walls on a building with cement anchors comes to mind) and just double nut the bottom of the screw so they won't loosen due to vibration (don't forget the lock-tite).

If you don't think that will work let me know, I can figure something else out in a few minutes.
~Bill

well thanks for the help guys. i got my armadillo skids & held them up to my a-arms & they are a pretty close fit. i dont think im going to have to do any modification to them so thats awesome. also, in the 'my new front end' thread he had got armadillo skids for stock a-arms so thats why he had to modify them. i got +2 skids so it should be no problem! woo hoo! by the way, DRJ300EX, what part of missouri are you from? maybe we can ride together sometime. well im typing this out on my phone right now waiting for class (pathophysiology, yippie!) so i better go. ill get pics when i get the skids on. later yall

Back