99 Warrior problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotsauce

Reaction score
Ok so I haven’t been able to ride since last weekend. Been rainin here off and on for a month. So I go out around lunch today and try to crank my warrior. It just turns over. So I check what I can see. I replaced the plug, and changed the gas. Now it’ll crank and run, but as soon as I tap the gas it dies…….I can put it in gear while holding the clutch and stays cranked. HELP :-/….. I was supposed to go ride over 4 hours ago…

your carb is dirty take it apart and clean it real good and make sure the accel pump is in working order.

Could be electrical (parking brake switch stuck) or it could be a fuel problem. If you just give it a little gas does it die or does the rpm jump around like it's hitting a low rev limiter?

That's gotta be a fuel problem then, take the carb off and give it a good cleaning, being sure that you don't lose any pieces.

An experiment you can do before you even take the carb off is to back out the drain screw on the bottom of the carb and see if you get a steady flow of fuel out of the overflow line. If you only get a little trickle then either your float is stuck or damaged in some way, or you're not getting a steady flow of fuel into the carb.

ok update, i backed the screw out bout 3/4 turn and i get drip out the overflow...close togather but not steady.....also after i did this i was able to press the gas and it not die...rode it around about 2-4 mins and it did fine. then it run out of gas...only put in like 3, 4oz. ok i put some gas in it and got it cunk up and i closed the drain screw and rode around and it quit running......opend it back up runs like a champ......now what??

o yea forgot to add in first post, i added an inline fuel filter.

Did this just start happening after you added the filter?

And what kind of filter is it? Is it a filter actually intended for powersports applications, or is it one for a lawnmower or something like that?

yea its an aftermarket atv in-line filter. and no it would not crank before i put the filter on there. i just put it on there cuz i thought i needed one...the gas now a days is full of crap.

When you installed the filter did you cut out a section of tube about the length of the filter to compensate for it? The extra length can trap an air bubble in the line and keep fuel from reaching the carb.

yes i installed a whole new line with the filter. the new line and filter are the same lenght as the oraginal.

OK i have ordered a carb rebuild kit, should be here this week. so i will rebuild the carb this weekend. thanks for all the help and ill let yall know how everything turns out.

also ordered a parking break delete

Back