99 warrior carb issue help appriciated

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorshooter

Reaction score
99 warrior, motor is stock but I put on a hmf competition slip on, iv rejetted it and found the best combination for power to be a 45 pilot jet and a 150 main jet, problem i'm having is that the idle is erratic and in order for it to run I have to have the idle adjustment screw turned almost all the way in and the idle still goes up and down in small increments at will. but it is only at idle the second I touch the throttle it is perfect no sputter or cut out at any rpm range:argh: cant figure it out. I have tried all needle positions as well and even at the highest position on the needle witch would give it more gas at idle it still idles erratic and still has to have the idle adjustment screw almost all the way in... any help is greatly appreciated ... thanks....

also carb has bic pen spring mod and valve stem cap mod....

Spray some carb cleaner around the intake boot on carb side and jug side while it is running. Must be a small air leak. Maybe a bad o ring.

Adjust the fuel screw it is big adjustment for your idle

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back