98 elite vote

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is 98 elite worthy?

• Hell yes

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Not feelin it

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sweet bike 98. Love the yellow. Ignore the haters! This is how a poor boy builds a sick warrior! We can't all buy all those expensive parts whenever we want. Gotta wait for the right deal that comes along when we have the money for it. Props! Looks sick!

use nail polish 98 great for using over vin #s. Bodyman trick
Got my vote man! I liked it better before the fender cut but to each his own, nice build.
Hey good idea on the nail polish. Good thing is it wouldnt go to waste later, my girls would have no problem wearing it!!!
An like Beastly said the fenders were like that when I got it.

uh, you might want to get another bolt for that bead lock.. just saying.
Dang it must have broke one. Good eye Weston, Ive been so pre-occupied with the motor rebuild and reassebly I havent even really looked at the rims. Ill have to look here, gotta be careful if it is broke off to not damage the powder coating extracting it!!

Sweet bike 98. Love the yellow. Ignore the haters! This is how a poor boy builds a sick warrior! We can't all buy all those expensive parts whenever we want. Gotta wait for the right deal that comes along when we have the money for it. Props! Looks sick!
I dont know if I want to say how far Im actually into it money wise!!! LOL When I started this build 2 yrs ago I siad I was looking for parts at unheard of prices and I think I succeeded! 2 of the most expensive parts on equal about where Im sitting with total build cost!!!LOL

Im not voting till you fix that fender. Drives me nuts.

You need ss brake lines. Really helps it stop faster.

Found out officially why the fender was like that, the bracket was bend forward causing it to pull the back at that goofy angle. Got a few more things to get it perfect(like a little heat!!) Ill get a couple fresh pics tomorrow when I get home with it fixed just for you!!!

SS brake lines are one of the next things, Im holding off until I get the rear bracket from you and them Im upgrading to YFZ calipers all the way around. That way I only have to bleed them once!!!

Me. Too many paint chips, stock carb, no rear brake. It may be a trail bike but it needs to look good too. That much paint chipping is a no go in my book. Not elite worthy YET.

Your loco :loco:. This guy has put a ton of time into this thing. Bout damn time its up for vote 98! Got my vote for sure. That swinger looks familiar :tup:

ive also been following this build and think 98 did an amazing job. i hope my 98's half the quad his is when im done, and agree to keep it what you want, you have my vote buddy!

Thanks Scott, its still in the changing phases as are everyone elses!! LOL

Got a semi fixed pic of the right side rear fender. Its just with the bracket bent back to its roughly proper position. It still wasnt sitting right, so Ive held it higher than it needs to sit and heated it up. Now Im gonna let it cool overnight. If this doesnt work I think Im gonna make some support brackets to keep them right. As any of you that have ran thru alot of mud know, by the time you are done they are usually drooping pretty far anyways. Ive actually watched them bounce off the tires after a good amount of time playing!!!
2013-04-03_21-46-00_256_zps0f76451e.jpg

Funny!! LOL I know it needs cleaned and re-arranged, my son and wife started just throwing stuff in any wheres in the last few months. About another month of so and Im done with school and be busy during the daylight hours, since I havent wired the shed up yet for power.

Funny!! LOL I know it needs cleaned and re-arranged, my son and wife started just throwing stuff in any wheres in the last few months. About another month of so and Im done with school and be busy during the daylight hours, since I havent wired the shed up yet for power.

Man I know the feeling mine looks like yours I was just Busting Balls. fender looks good though, Im speaking for Weston right now" It's about time"!!!!! hahahahaha

Ya mine was organized until last fall then all hell broke loose. I just kept forgetting about the fender, there was always something more important. I still think i might make a brace for under them for when I'm playing in mud. That might actually be part of why the fender ended up tweaked down in the first place.

What he said..... :rock:

The heating and cooling took longer! Lol i ended up pretty much heating up that whole side to get it all to relax and sit right.

Back