97 warrior. Stator question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackwardsSix

Reaction score
My quad idles and boggs, someone said it may be the stator. How do you tell if the stator is bad. And what else could cause idle and bogg issues?

My quad idles and boggs, someone said it may be the stator. How do you tell if the stator is bad. And what else could cause idle and bogg issues?

It is most likely the parking brake sensor, just disconnect it

In order to test the stator you need a multimeter to test resistance. If you search the forum you will find a thread explaining how. Its very easy

I'm having this same problem. Brought a warrior back from the dead. The owner (who i trust) told me the stator was bad when he parked it. I bought an el cheapo one from ebay and threw it in and she fired up....but she won't rev past maybe 1/3 throttle. I've rebuilt the carb, no change. Adjusted the idle screw, and basically had that carb apart 900 million times. I'm to the point where I think maybe the el cheapo stator is the issue. I know the park brake deal can't be the issue since I've unplugged it and even tried using a jumper wire just in case it's a normally closed switch. No positive results for me

Make sure the yellow/green wire under front hood isnt attached to black wire. If they are connected it wont rev up

Back