97 CR 250 or 89 KX 250?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockgrenade

Reaction score
As the title states. Both have titles look really well taken care of. Now don't discredit the KX for the year, but just wanna know what's the best.. Both are 2 stroke 250's...:atv:

97 CR hands down. first year of the frame redesign, a friggin' power house too. it's newer.

not the fastest bikes ever built but for the time it was the fastest bike out! honda hands down has the BEST 2 stroke bikes ever built.

I love them Aussie bikes!!! Beatiful design, awesome engine, power all over the place... Just got used to riding them, the ergonomics and geometry are different... Bike feels taller, more like you're standing, but you aren't...Since I raced, it was more of a natural position to me, as I stood most of the time anyway...

Sounds like a nice bike, but I'll prob stick with the CR 250. There's a couple KX 250's out here for $600 - $800 with a title and are clean.. I'd rather go for a YZ250 but there's none out here. So, CR 250's eh?

ktm is the ****! my favorite bike by far BUT you have to drink the koolaid to pay for em

All these people hating on the Kx's...I always loved em, probably cause I grew up around Kx's and had one of my own for a while. I'd definitely go with the CR though, its newer and those cr's are powerhouses, not to mention, you can beat the hell out of a honda and they still run.

Well I appreciate all the feedback, but I'm picking up the KX tomorrow for 700. titled. The only guy around here selling a CR is "too busy" lol.

Well I appreciate all the feedback, but I'm picking up the KX tomorrow for 700. titled. The only guy around here selling a CR is "too busy" lol.

Hell yea, those old KX's are wicked fast and will dump you off the back in a heartbeat. Im sure you will enjoy it alot, nothing like the sound of a 2 stroke, music to my ears.

Also, WHERE THE HELL DO YOU LIVE?! 700 bucks? Thats sooo cheap, everyone around here wants atleast $1500 for a 250, any manufacturer.

I love them Aussie bikes!!! Beatiful design, awesome engine, power all over the place... Just got used to riding them, the ergonomics and geometry are different... Bike feels taller, more like you're standing, but you aren't...Since I raced, it was more of a natural position to me, as I stood most of the time anyway...

hahaha sorry to dissapiont u mate but ktm isnt australian its german or austrian

but deffs go the cr best bikes in the wrld

I'm in Seattle, WA. Yeah I got it for 700 plus about another 100 in parts.. Runs pretty good. I need to do a few adjustments then everything's good. It's a fun bike.

I'm in Seattle, WA. Yeah I got it for 700 plus about another 100 in parts.. Runs pretty good. I need to do a few adjustments then everything's good. It's a fun bike.

Nice.Not long after posting in this thread asking where you lived I found a steal on my YZ 250, I guess I just had to wait for a deal to come up. Its a badass bike, runs great, starts right up, I love it. Havent had to do anything since I bought it except add some gear oil b/c it was low and bumped it up to 89 octane gas. The prev. owner ran 87, Ill prob go up to 93 soon, its just soo damn expensive. I also dont think the prev. owner broke it in after having it bored .20 over, it gets stronger and stronger everytime I get on it, it feels like. Its starting to get real scary, especially with the slick back tire on it. I need to pick up a tire next time I get paid.

Back