96 Warrior Smoking??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theonlymikeyh

Reaction score
I just bought a 96 Warrior 350, im pretty new to the whole atv thing but i know he piped it with a team alba pipe replaced the header but then went back to the stock header due to tighter fit, dilled the air box and put a k&n on it, he said it was jetted after the pipe but i failed to ask what to. it smokes as soon as it is started and smells like fuel and its white. it doesnt run sluggish or anything. one guy i mentioned it to said that it might be rich but i dont know!! What do you guys think? What do i do to trouble shoot it? Thx

yes most days that i ran it, it was between 20 and 35 degrees

also i haven't run it longdue to nowhere to ride so it as only run about 10 mins and mostly just idle

does your car smoke when you start it when it's that cold out?

sounds normal to me. When engines start cold, they burn the water out of the exhaust and it turns to vapor.

i hope its normal but it just seems to smoke a bit excessive. tomorrow i will let it warm up a bit more and its gonna be in the 50s tomorrow so maybe i can post more info! thx

jasonp,
Thx for easing my mind! I took it out today it was about 40 degrees and let it warm up and rode it a bit and after about 15 mins of riding it stopped smoking!

Back