95 Warrior 350 won't start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95Warrior350

Reaction score
Hi I picked up a 1995 warrior 350 that wouldn't crank so i got a new starter clutch and gear now it cranks but won't start. Any help would be appreciated

If electronics are correct, it should be in time. Unless someone switched something. I'd make sure cylinder is getting fuel. Try spraying carb cleaner in airbox side of carb while turning over. If it trys to start, you might have something plugged in carb.

I tried carb cleaner that made it backfire through the carb so i adjusted the timing 180 then it started but kept backfiring through the carb and died now the starter clutch is out agian

okay so the accelerator pump inside the carb was seized so i fixed that and i patched some wires in the wiring harness also the compression is 150 and the recommended compression is around 120 could that be causing the starter clutch problems?

It could have a performance piston which will give more compression thus making it harder to turn over.

If you got any starter clutch other than OEM that's why it will blow up. The cheap ones suck.

So i adjusted the valve lash and it started and ran i turned it off so i could put the covers back on and it wouldn't start after that so i took the carb apart again and the rubber boot on the accelerator pump was torn and a i couldn't find a way to replace it so i ordered a zoom zoom carb of eBay while i was waiting for it a took the top end off cleaned it up replaced the gaskets and put back together yesterday i got the carb put it on and it still won't start

Any idea what might be wrong?

Last edited:
test your stator. mine had spark but wasnt enough to ignite the fuel. i replaced the stator and mine fired right up.

Hello everyone I got a Caltric stator and put it in now it runs great thanks for all the help i really appreciate it

Back