91 Warrior rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool done deal. May need more info installing it from you

No problem man hit me up anytime. It's a piece of cake. I would suggest getting up with Weston and see if he can make an intake tube or a full intake for that carb. You will thank me later lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

thats the one man! loose the rubber piece on top and get you a motion pro 90 degree cable and it will make you life much easier. Also what jets does it have in there? I can get you close just off my experience with the carb and where i'm at with mods.

So I keep hearing from everyone that I need a bigger carb. My question is with the mods I have is it really necessary to upgrade? What gains will I even see. I finally got my jetting just right so I'm Leary to change now that it runs great. I'm sort of leaning toward a mikuni vm-38

You're doing a fine job with your rebuild. It looks nice. :iagree:

I wanted to add some things, that haven't been suggested by anybody else.

A lot of people, in a lot of different motorsports, "OVER-CARB" their engine. Once that is done, more and different performance problems happen.

A larger "BORE" through the carb, is great, if you have a lot of "RPM's" or a lot of "CUBES", and you are always "WIDE OPEN."

(A Warrior engine will NEVER demand the flow rate of a 38mm carb. Check the link....)

If you trail ride or are ever at partial throttle, you'll have performance problems and economy problems (Dollars and Gallons). It has to do with the Vacuum and Air Flow that draws the fuel from the circuits.

As an old saying suggests....

In GOD we trust, all others bring DATA.....

Here are a few links to some DATA. (I have been using these and other engine formulas, for 30+ years....)

CFM Requirement Calculator (Just one of Many....)

http://www.csgnetwork.com/cfmcalc.html

One Race Team's opinion/actual CFM Flow Rate of Mikuni Carbs

http://www.mossbargerracing.com/flow.htm

These are estimated Flow Rates of a popular carburetor.

34mm MIKUNI Carburetor 109.15 CFM
35mm MIKUNI Carburetor 114.70 CFM
36mm MIKUNI Carburetor 109.33 CFM
38mm MIKUNI Carburetor 129.50 CFM

Another WEB Page, that has some carb flow data. You'll have to do some math, though....

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-16623.html

Now after all of that, I like the Mikuni vm-38 carb. I also like the Keihin 38 version. I have and still do run one (a Keihin) on a larger Cube and higher RPM motor(s).

Save your money, run what you have until you drag race, add boost, balance, or greatly over-bore.

You'll get more performance from Tuning, (jetting correctly, valves adjusted, spark plug indexed, etc.)

Good Luck, keep up the good work.....

-Rhyno

PS.....Let the idiots start the arguing.....YeeHaw.....

Picked up another set of shocks with remote rezy. If interested in my banshee works pm me

Last edited:
Got shocks all shined up and redone. Anyone ever have issues with the inside sleeve sliding around. I believe its like a bump stop for the dual rate. The collar is just sliding and I believe will make noise while riding.

0f152116a24b11e29a9d22000a1f979c_7.jpg

Got shocks all shined up and redone. Anyone ever have issues with the inside sleeve sliding around. I believe its like a bump stop for the dual rate. The collar is just sliding and I believe will make noise while riding.

0f152116a24b11e29a9d22000a1f979c_7.jpg

Ya man mine do it to just a bump stop.

Ya I hear them from time to time. But I also have worn lower Bushings so I think the make a little noise to.

Well finally got to ride it with my brother and buddy. Rides great and no major issues except its acting like it not getting enough fuel in full out pinned throttle. Im thinking may need to go up a jet on main and see how it acts.

Man I wish mine looked that nice.!

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
check out my vids on YouTube
-Atv Mayhem

Well ....... Rides great and no major issues except its acting like it not getting enough fuel in full out pinned throttle. Im thinking may need to go up a jet on main and see how it acts.

Can I suggest raising the needle, first? That'll entail lowering the clip on the needle. I'd try one position at a time until it's maxed out or improves. And then I'd spend money on jets and put the needle clip back into the middle and start the process, again.

Of course that's after evaluating the condition and color of the spark plug.

-Rhyno

Last edited:
Back