91 Project Pinky

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pinky had his first weekend mudding. Served great as a backup quad for a buddy that had engine problems. Will be putting in a new clutch though for it.

Well after seeing these new pics the pink has grew on me, Looks like some House of Kolor shade of pink, The Black rims with the silver lip looks real good on It.

Well since riding we had a hard time getting in gear. You almost had to lift shifter with your hand. I changed out clutch springs and plates. But im thinking the shifter may be so worn out that it needs a direct shifter. Any one had the same issue before>?

My 87 was like that. It was hit or miss as to whether it would shift or not. I was afraid it was a trans issue but I tried bending a shee shifter and used that before I tore it down and it shifts great now. My stock shifter was so wore when I took it off that I don't even know how it worked. I had to use my hand to get it back into neural with the stock shifter and linkage set up but with the direct shifter it easy to find with your foot. Shifts also feel positive now. Glad I didn't tear it apart first.

Btw, I really like the pink. Wasn't sure at first but It turned it awesome! I really enjoyed the other build logs also. You do great work.

Thanks! This is one of the only bikes I haven't done direct shifter because of the pull starter. Ill have to try one

I used a banshee shifter because of the length. It was long enough to put bends in and clear the pullstart and have it still be comfortable feeling.

I would be since buying the Raptor wifey wants two of the four gone and pinky won't make the cut come spring. Lol

Well its been fun Pinkie but need garage space. New owner picks up today.

ejete7ap.jpg

Way to go out on the limb and paint it pink, Ive seen almost 10 different builds with pink frames for this coming race season. I'm curious what Pinky sold for?? Im assuming at least 1200.

Glad to see someone else with a 91 out there, don't see many around!

My elite is a 91 also. Beast i got 1050 was asking 1100. It had no title and shitty time to sell. Summer would have been 1400 easy. I had very little $$ into it so nice bonus for me and now makes the raptor totally a freebie

Latest posts

Back