90 PSI Compression test...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doobyboy26

Reaction score
Hi I finally did a compression test on the RAPTOR and I got a reading of 90 PSI...:eek:hno:

It will start when you push it and let go of the clutch...

What could be causing this low compression ? Thanks !

Hi I finally did a compression test on the RAPTOR and I got a reading of 90 PSI...:eek:hno:

It will start when you push it and let go of the clutch...

What could be causing this low compression ? Thanks !

pour a half a capful of oil into the spark plug hole and test again, if the compression raises, its piston rings, if it stays the same its valve seats or seals

Is this the new stroker?

Yeah this is the new 379 HotRods stroker kit...Probably My fault... My K&N air filter was put in the wrong way without the cover...The air filter fell off probably on the first big bump and it sucked in alot of dirt... This is just a hypothesis I believe

That'll do it^^^ . You holding the throttle open when you do the test? You need to.

That'll do it^^^ . You holding the throttle open when you do the test? You need to.

Yeah full throttle... Took it to a stealership and I did it with him... He had a digital gauge and at full throttle... He believes the rings...

Yeah^^^ get yourself a nice JE 85mm and do a 388. Just need to get some custom base gaskets made so deck height can be gotten within spec.

Yeah^^^ get yourself a nice JE 85mm and do a 388. Just need to get some custom base gaskets made so deck height can be gotten within spec.

I used base gasket eliminator on the stroker kit. Could this work for this piston as well ?

Hotrods is (A) playing it safe, and (B) is making so the average "do-it-yourselfer" can install the stroker kit themselves without having to do any numbers crunching. Jasonp is running the 85mm JE 12:1 piston with the +4 crank. You have to talk to him about what gasket thicknesses he ordered from Cometic. I talked to him about it, but, you are best to hear it from the horse's mouth.

You only need race gas IF you run the 12:1 piston. Just get the 10.5:1 and you will be happy with it. Depending on what gasket thicknesses you choose, you can get it closer to 11:1 and be just fine. I'm running 11.5:1 with my stroker, but, I have a special super lightweight forged stroker piston from CP.

Btw, you will need to ADD base gaskets to it to get the deck height correct. Using the JE will put the piston out of the top of the cylinder a little, and you need to litterally raise the cylinder up. Basically what you are doing it making a spacer like some engine builders use for their stroker kits.

Yeah this is the new 379 HotRods stroker kit...Probably My fault... My K&N air filter was put in the wrong way without the cover...The air filter fell off probably on the first big bump and it sucked in alot of dirt... This is just a hypothesis I believe

Some friendly advice add a oil cooler..:iagree:

Back