'88 Warrior 350X

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've bought parts from that guy before to eh..
He's pretty good to deal with, all his stuff is "as described".

And yah dude, it's not hard to swap out. You just have to pull the mag, and you need a puller to do it.
Or take it to a shop, and throw them $10 to pull it for ya?

so how much for the pull case? (dunno what its called)

All you have to do to swap that out (if you buy the one on ebay), is pull the left cover. You need to put the bike in gear to stop the motor from turning over. Drain the oil.. Then you have to take the catch gear for the pull start off. Then the bolts on the cover. (try to save that gasket if you can).. Once you have it off you'll see how it works... From the starter theres an idle gear, that goes to the flywheel behind the mag. Load that bitch into the back of your truck, and go get the mag pulled.. Swap out the parts, and put it back together... It's that simple.

As for that pull start I have. PM me, and we'll talk about it.

also he said the bike was bored out too.....dunno what all that will do but he said i need to put premium gas in it

also he said the bike was bored out too.....dunno what all that will do but he said i need to put premium gas in it

It's best to run premium gas in these old air cooled motors anyway. Cause it burns cleaner, and helps the motor run cooler. An oil cooler helps 2.
As for it being bored out, I would suggest doing a compression test just to find out where your at?

You'll get into it once you get it running, and dialed in.. Lots of guys on here can help you with that. :tup:

was lookig at the post from ur bike. nicely done. wish i had the confidence and know-how to do that. how did u solder ur plastic together? did u just use the heat from ur gun to melt it together or did u use some sort of solder??

was lookig at the post from ur bike. nicely done. wish i had the confidence and know-how to do that. how did u solder ur plastic together? did u just use the heat from ur gun to melt it together or did u use some sort of solder??

Thanx man. I finally got it running today. :evilface:

But yah I used a soldering iron, and some plastic that I trimmed of the fender as filler.
Use the iron, and poke some holes threw the crack to fuse it back together. Running the iron down the crack a few times helps to seal it up. The most attention should be payed to the back side..
Then used the filler piece to fill the holes in. Just melt it in there, and use the iron to smooth it out.
On the back side of the crack, I usually build up some plastic to add strength (nobody sees that part).. Use some body filler to smooth things out on the top side, and voila! Fixed.. :iagree:

Last edited:
Anyone know what this cable is??? previous owner just had it duct taped to the frame...said he didnt know what it was.

2012-07-05_21-53-34_866.jpgView attachment 858

Last edited:
that would be the parking brake cable get rid of it and get a parking brake block off plate for the rear caliper

that would be the parking brake cable get rid of it and get a parking brake block off plate for the rear caliper

I just wrapped a couple of springs around the caliper to hold the parking brake in the open position. Then you could ditch the cable..

But I also had to scrap the stock clutch lever assembly, for the 490 setup. So I'm not sure what to do with the parking brake cable??

Last edited:
for sure man, these were when it was still clean.
42bbd671.jpg
6323e691.jpg

Latest posts

Back