87 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loumcblue

Reaction score
Newbie here. Just received an 87 warrior. Runs great, starts right up. What kind of issues can I expect out of this quad considering the age of this machine? After a total cleaning and check of all fluids it appears to be in great shape.I do have issues with the reverse, but after reading the posts in this forum it appears that there may be issues in the linkage? I'm able to kill the engine and get it to go in/out rather easily, but who wants to do that all the time? Any help from you veterans will be appreciated.

Welcome to the site. Reverse is a tricky gear to find on these machines, some go in smooth, others have problems. U'll find the trick after a while. Pics man!

yeah reverse is probably my easiest gear to find for me hahaha one issue i have with mine is that it will pop in between forward or reverse on the reverse handle... it only happens after i just came out of reverse... i must have something worn or something... cant figure it out... i just have to make sure it is in forward real good after i use reverse

there is alot of problems with the regular gear linkage and guys are using yz250 levers to solve that...

we also like to put oil coolers on them so they can be beat unmerciful and not get too hot. i mean when i ride mine, i take it easy till it warms up and then its straight beating thereafter.. it loves it! thats why i bought a warrior...

if i were you i would ride it for a couple days just so you can relax (its always that way with new stuff, all you wanna do is ride it every single minute of the day) but after a couple days or maybe like 3 hours of riding, i would get serious about checking everything out... greasing all the fittings, adjusting the chain, changing the oil, adjusting the clutch lever and brakes, replacing any bushings and bearings that are surely shot, you might even wanna check the valves, but mostly just general maintance stuff since the guy that had it before thought it was an old junker and probably hasnt done anything with it since the 90's

after that you can take it out and just hammer on it and you wont have to worry about a thing... tick around here and read as much as you can bear.. youll catch on quick....

oh and welcome to the site

Thanks for the replies men. I have done most of what has been advised. I plan on giving it a long ride this weekend.......I'm told reverse will work better when I get USED to it. I have driven everything from Army tanks and APC's to Semi trucks and most in between, and never had to get used to reverse. I will be a little more patient and see what happens.Thanks again boys.....I will get pic's and I will stay tuned to this site.....

Back