87 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insane

Reaction score
87 warrior .. just wondering if the newer fenders will fit on this without much modification...

also are these interference motors.. I mean if the timing chain breaks the valves will be smashed into piston... It had its timing jumped a few teeth when i bought it ( probably why i got it so cheap) and it is fine, just wanted to know if the chain did break ..

The fenders will fit with no modification at all, the fenders are exactly the same through all the years except for color changes. The only difference is the hood, and it would take some modifications to get a newer hood on an older one because of the differences in the front part of the frame and headlight mounts.

It depends on what point in the stroke the chain breaks, but if a valve is open when the piston hits tdc, it's going to hit. That being said, i've never seen a chain break on a warrior before. I saw a badly neglected one jump off the sprocket once and pretty much eat itself alive because the chain was so worn out and stretched that the tensioner couldn't keep the slack out.

thanx for the info, DID chain ordered now, just curious to know what would happen

Back