87 warrior no spark

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87_warrior

Reaction score
i was riding and all of sudden the bike just shut down and couldnt get it to start.. so i had everything tested (ignition coil, stator and pickup).. stator and pickup tested good.. coil was bad. so bought a new one but havent tried to start yet with new one but had a good one off a dirt bike and still no spark.. will try new one tonight.. was told the cdi might be bad in it. did some looking around and cant find any new ones... if my box is bad what are my options for a new one???

You will most likely have to find a used one off ebay... they don't sell them new anymore unless you can find a NOS one. Just make sure you test every other part of the electrical system, since you can't test the CDI unless you have another warrior available.

Yes, but you will also need to swap out the stator, flywheel, and some other components (handle bar switches, key switch, etc.)

whats the pick up coil supposed to be at in ohms??? i had mine tested and was told it was good at 230 ohms

1987 warrior 350 CDI

Are there any other years that the CDI can be from or just 1987 warrior? seems to see 1987-1990 but not sure and don't want to buy the wrong one.

Back