87 warrior grounding question and no spark

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior87fun

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me if a 87 warrior has a ground wire at the forward revers lever
I picked up a 87 warrior that has no spark and after testing the pickup coil and source coil they appear good.
But when i started checking wires i found someone had put a jumper wire on starting system cut off relay so i removed it and then it wouldn't crank over so after looking at the manual starting system cut off relay will kill power to the starter thinking it is in gear. I know the neutral light works but havent checked to see if the reverse light comes on when in reverse.
when i remove the wire from the reverse switch the reverse light comes on.
so i looked at the manual and it looks like it has a ground wire at the revers lever but mine doesn't.
so i hope someone on here has had a similar problem or could give me any ideas as what to check next.

1 1987 yamaha warrior
1 2002 yamaha breeze
1 2002 honda 300ex
1 dinli beast 90
1 bombardier 90
2 2002 polaris trail boss 325

thanks this the best diagram iv seen so far Im in the process of removing the plastic so i can see all the wires
I hope i can get it running with out putting to much money in to it but i only paid $250 and its got nerf bars itp hole shot tires plastic is perfect and still has original head lights and brackets in perfect shape

I checked the vin the 8th digit from the end is H from what i can tell H means its a 87 but i dont know much about its past or whats been replaced

I checked the vin the 8th digit from the end is H from what i can tell H means its a 87 but i dont know much about its past or whats been replaced

You want the 10th digit for the year not the 8th digit.

But no matter what year it is you got a very good buy for $250.00

I have a 2002 350 warrior with power everywhere but no spark? I also have a 1999 350 warrior that I wanna swap parts with.. Have you had any success lately and is there anything I should try first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back