87 warrior balljoints

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deuce

Reaction score
May not be for a warrior, but its for a different yamaha 350. Long story short, I have a set of roll design arms for my banshee and I am considering replacing the lower balljoints while I get the lower arms powdercoated (upper joints feel much tighter anyway). Regardless I'm going to remove the joints for the powder job.

First off, how are 87 style ball joints removed? Do they thread in/out with a spanner wrench, or are they pressed?

Secondly, are these an automotive balljoint that I can use my discount at advance on and get a set of moog's or are these a yamaha deal where I should buy some off ebay?

yeah they just thread in and out ..they do sale a socket for them and your best bet in going to be e bay i bought one at the dealer last year and it cost me 108 bucks and on ebay you can get all 4 91 something .... ebay also has a set of 2 but i dont remember the price

Yeah I was looking at ebay prices, can get 2 for like $45, or one oem yamaha one for $100. Not really sure whats so much better about the yamaha one, they are not greaseable or made of titanium

any info on that socket? If i knew which one I was looking for I'd snag that up asap

awesome, know the manufacturer? I looked at the catalog and I'm not sure who published it and its from 03...

ouch... may have to take the plunge at $68. I called roll design today and had a few questions. They said they are coming out with a tool for the ball joints but its going to run like $120 and change.

I'm surprised motion pro doesn't make a tool, they seem to make everything needed

When I did the ball joints on my 88 (88 with 87 arms) I useb a medium sized pipe wrench. Just made sure the jaws were on the joints head and not hitting the control. Worked great. Put a rag in the jaws so you don't leave hatch marks on the ball joint. I didn't and it looks fine.

yes you can do that on the 87 arms but the aftermarket arms that use 87 ball joints have a caller around them

Yeah I need the tool because the Roll arm shave a collar around the ball joints

Back