87 & 88 owners

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstcriusen1

Reaction score
OK I finally blew a front shock on my 87. Since older shocks are hard to come by...........Even if they were actually still good. I was wondering what you guys used as replacements on them?

I know they measure eye to eye about 13 3/4 of a inch.
I believe the new warriors are 14 1/2 ?

Any suggestions on what I should use ,preferabbly somthin off a stocker............meaning not a 300$ and up set......Like works or ELkas.

Thanks

I thought you had yfz shocks up front?

Wasnt me........My stockers held out until sunday when one stsrted squirten..........lol

Any one runnen just the newer style warrior shock on theres without wearin anything out?

nothing that i no will bolt up right the 300s if u can get them to work will not be the best choice cause the heavey front end on the warrior they would plain out botton out on a little tree root i jumped my frends 300 and go enough air when i landed they bottomed out on a 02 that he just got from an old guy what im getting to is they will soften enough up that they will make your bike roll when going into a sharp cornor at speed

nothing that i no will bolt up right the 300s if u can get them to work will not be the best choice cause the heavey front end on the warrior they would plain out botton out on a little tree root i jumped my frends 300 and go enough air when i landed they bottomed out on a 02 that he just got from an old guy what im getting to is they will soften enough up that they will make your bike roll when going into a sharp cornor at speed

I thought I would get lucky and be able to run a newer warrior shock.
I know there 3/4 of an inch longer............I didnt have a chance as of yet to see what it would do to the geometry of the front end. Do you know what else is differant about them ? If anything.

Arnt they even bigger than a later model warrior shock?
If ya get bored let your front end hang and measure them eye ta eye for me?

I had new o.e.m. 2004 Warrior shocks on my 87 with no problems at all.It just raised the front-like you said- about 3/4 of an inch.I liked the ride quite a bit.I have the YFZ 450 shocks on the front of mine now.

um u can use the other years but its gona be a pain in the ass to do unelss u use the 04 but u are almos better off to get them other aftermarket shock every one has ben getting if u can get them they are like 200 i belve they haev worked good for what i hear

um u can use the other years but its gona be a pain in the ass to do unelss u use the 04 but u are almos better off to get them other aftermarket shock every one has ben getting if u can get them they are like 200 i belve they haev worked good for what i hear

I think you got some stuff mixed up dude. First, the 2004s have the same shocks as every other warrior made after 88. Also, I don't think anybody is getting new aftermarket shocks for $200. The cheapest out there is Superior Suspension, and those run $299 a set. But still, I agree it's a better idea to just get a cheap set of aftermarket shocks, because the stock shocks just aren't very effective at their jobs anyways.

I agree that buying "new" o.e.m. shocks are a waste of money.I got those for $100/new-a good deal,but they are still limited.Just get a clean pair of used shocks,for any year on ebay for around $50.Thats the cheapest fix for you.It only goes up in coin from there.....

Yea..............Im not much into going airborne around here . So the stockers are pretty much kewl for me.

Thanks a lot guys

Back